Dead Man : Alive Man

Regulus' story was, well, heroic. Although stupid at some points, he did what felt true to him. Was it wrong?

And there was definitely something in Regulus' story that Sirius was not aware of.

What really happened when he was a death eater? Did he, Peter and Barty go on missions, what happened?
How did he die? Could he have saved himself?

All these questions stayed in Evelyn's head long after the lights were turned off and everyone was in their beds.

Sirius had allowed Evelyn to use Regulus' bedroom. Surprisingly, he was being sweet.

Perhaps no one being mean to me was the quietness before the storm, she thought. What was the worst that could happen?
She looked out the window, in hopes that she'd see the shadow of a rat or..owl...
in hopes that Barty would come back,
in hopes that she got to leave this hellhole of a house. In hopes that Harry's hearing would go well...in hopes...that..that...
She dozed off to sleep.

-------------

'Good morning, hars.' Lyn said as Harry was getting ready for his hearing.

'Ellie, why did you wake up so early?' Asked Tonks, one of the few people who liked Evelyn, or Eleanor - only Tonks called her that.

'Couldn't sleep, weird dreams.'

'Really?' asked Tonks again, she was also the only person who suspected that Evelyn was involved with one or two death eaters.

'Yes, really.' answered Lyn slightly irritated. Molly furrowed her eyebrows at this interaction but said nothing.

'Anyway, let's go.' said Mr. Weasley.

-----------

Harry's hearing went well, although he ranted awfully a lot about how Dumbledore was ignoring him.

'It was a bit dramatic honestly. And a bit gay too. Your dead uncle's room was nice.' Evelyn ended her rant about that grim, old place.

Draco's mouth was agape. 'Wild, mate. Sad, beautiful, tragic.'

'I- I know.' she sighed.

'My- My dead uncle? Who's that supposed to be?... Regulus?' draco pondered.

'Well, yeah.' Lyn again sighed and ran a hand through her hair. 'Cissa told you about him?'

'Yes!!'

Astoria and Daphne walked in with gifts in their hands. 'Happy Belated Birthday' They both said as they put the gifts on Lyn's vanity.

'What were you both talking about?' Daphne asked.

'Uh,' Lyn and Draco shared a glance, 'nothing.'

Astoria raised her eyebrows but remained quiet. 'No-' started Daphne but Astoria interrupted her, 'Anyways, how was the break?'

'Uh, alright.' Lyn replied.

'What about you, Draco?'

'It was uh, alright for me too.'

Astoria and even Evelyn's eyebrows went to their hairlines. God forbid Draco to hate his life, he always bragged about it.

'Ookayy.' Daphne must've sensed the tension, 'First day back! Let's go eat dinner!' and everyone went.

----------------
After dinner -

'You're hiding something from us!' Daphne shouted. 'Tell us Malfoy!' Evelyn continued.

The three girls had this thing, whenever Draco hid something from them, they would tie him to a heavy blank and politely shout at him till he fessed.

'I WON'T TELL!'

'YOU'VE BEEN ACTING LIKE THIS SINCE I STARTED TALKING ABOUT REGULUS!' Evelyn screeched back.

'TELL US DRACO LUCIUS ALEXANDER MALFOY-BLACK!' Astoria screamed.

'FINE! REGULUS IS ALIVE AND VOLDEMORT IS BACK.' Draco screamed.

The following silence was loud.