The Third Task (Part I)

Evelyn woke up. And sighed. Today was the third task, the day Voldemort would be back, the day Barty would leave.

The anxiety, dread, fear and sadness were too much. She looked at the clock beside her bed, it was 4 am. She decided there was still enough time to get ready, so she started crying.

She did not know why she was crying, her heart was pounding. This was not the first time this had happened. The Dursleys had taken Lyn to a therapist around 7 years ago, when she was 7. She was diagnosed with ADHD, GAD and BPD. She was low on the autism spectrum.

The doctor had prescribed a few medicines but the Dursleys did not buy them. They took her to a therapist but did not believe in mental illnesses.

She held her head in her bandaged hands, her heart and head pounded. She was scared, she didn't want Harry to die, didn't want Barty to leave, didn't want Voldemort to come back.

She cried for hours until she realized that might get late for school. Stupid school.

She hopped into the shower and bathed in freezing cold water.

--------

'Evelyn! Your eyes are bloody red! Are you okay?' Daphne asked Lyn as soon as she came downstairs. Although Lyn's eyes were red, nobody except draco, Daphne and Astoria noticed.

'Just an anxiety attack, nothing mu-.' she said in an awfully tired voice.

'Just an anxiety attack? EVELYN ELEANOR POTTER! ARE YOU OKAY?' Astoria shouted, interrupting lyn.

Some people beside the four of them started staring at Evelyn.

'You're embarrassing me..' Lyn said in shaky voice. She absolutely hated it when people shouted at her.

'Don't shout at her.' Draco muttered to Astoria. Who looked very guilty.

The four of them ate breakfast in silence. When Dumbledore's annoying little speech was over, she looked at Barty. He looked at her and Lyn could swear that she saw him mouth 'It's alright' which just made her sadder.

--------

Since there were no classes that day, everyone was placing bets on who would win.

'Who do you think will win?' Evelyn asked Draco, Astoria and Daphne.

'I mean- it's gonna be the golden boy, isn't it?' Daphne answered.

'I guess.' draco said as he nodded.

They sat in the library reading for the rest of the time.

-------

The third task was a very dangerous maze. Everyone held their breaths. The champions had finally entered the maze. Evelyn was numb, 'be ok, hars' she whispered with tear-filled eyes.

••••••

Cedric and Harry had finally arrived at the trophy, Lyn stared through binoculars, although she didn't particularly need them because she was sitting very close to where the trophy was. The durmstrang and Beauxbaton students beside her looked very angry, probably because fleur and krum failed.

Harry and Cedric started taking to each other, even though she could barely hear bits and pieces. She knew they both were having a disagreement.

Suddenly, they both reached for the trophy at once, as soon as the cheering rumbled. They both vanished!

'A PORTKEY!' Evelyn shouted, she knew Barty was going to plan a trap, she just didn't know how.

She grabbed her wand and teleported to near the portkey. Teleporting was something Barty taught her to do, ironic how she was using it against him. She grabbed the portkey trophy and went in with harry and Cedric.

(To be continued)