Reunion

'AHHHHHHH' The scream rang through the dungeons and dorms.

The students had come out of their dorms to what was going on. Blaise's night robes were covered in blood.

'Wha- What happened, Blaise?' Astoria asked.

'A rat. It attacked me.' Blaise heaved a sigh.

'Maybe, it was Karma.' said Astoria and Daphne as they walked up to Lyn who was standing there, holding Apollo. Their voices didn't sound that different since Astoria and Daphne were fraternal twins, just like Harry and Evelyn. Which also explained why they looked so different.

Everyone nodded in agreement and went to their dorms to sleep, no one likes to be awake at 2 am.

•••••••••

Lyn had returned to her dorm and sat on her bed when heard a rat squeak. Apollo had also started meowing in a certain pattern, which he only did when Peter was around.

'P- Peter?' she said in a wispy voice.

A rat, which she hadn't noticed before, turned into a very pretty human.

'Oh! I missed you!' she ran up to him and hugged him.

'Wisp.' whispered Peter as he sunk into the hug.

'Ugh. Barty hates me.' she hated it as soon as she said it, yes Lyn, complain about your one dad to your other dad.

'I know. He's, um, a little..moody.'

It took Lyn a solid minute before she understood the pun.

'Stop making dad jokes.' She giggled.

'But I'm your godfather! Who else would I tell these jokes to?' he ran a hand through her hair.

'No, but seriously. What did I do?' Lyn asked as she frowned. 'I apologised to him so many times, yet he seems angry.'

Peter opened his mouth to say something. Then closed it again. Then opened it again.

'He's just worried about you. He doesn't want anyone to hurt you just because you are friends with him.' he said.

'But I wanna be friends with him. I know self-defence. It doesn't matter if someone hurts me, I'll hurt them!' Lyn said exuberantly.

'Lyn... it's not that simple.' sighed Peter. 'You know what, I'll talk to him about it. Maybe he'll agree.'

'Maybe...'

Peter looked at his wristwatch, 'I ought to go, Lyn, bye.' he said as he turned back into a rat and left.

'Bye..' Lyn whispered two minutes after he'd left. Lyn's conversations with Peter and Barty became shorter and shorter after the first task. She felt left out of whatever was happening, even though she wasn't a death eater.

——————————————

'What happened yesterday evening? Are you okay? What did he do?' were some of the questions Lyn was bombarded with at breakfast. All the students seemed very interested in what was going on with Lyn. Even the Gryffindors. Even Cedric who never got angry at anyone, was angry at Blaise.

'That idiot.' he, Cedric, said.

'It's alright, he has got detention with moody. Moody hates him.'

'But still, he should be expelled for what he did. It shouldn't be excused with detention.' he pouted.

'It's alright, Ced.'

'Hey!' Astoria shouted over to Lyn.

'Gotta go, bye' she said as she walked away from the Hufflepuff table.

——————

'He really likes you, doesn't he?' Draco said as started walking beside her in the corridor.

'I guess.' She looked at the floor.

'You might just get your crush, eh?' he smirked.

'Yeah, but...I don't like him anymore..' she whispered.

'Aww, look at Miss Can't love too long.' he joked, Lyn did not laugh.

'It's alright, lyn. It's not like he's forcing you to marry him or something.' he said, tapping her shoulders.

'I guess.' she whispered as they headed to Potions.

------

'Exactly, Mr Potter.' snape said in his stern voice. He was just snapping at Harry, his favourite activity.

'Um, Professor?' Lyn raised her hand.

'Yes, Evelyn?' his voice softened.

'We required ground scarab beetles for the wit-sharpening potion, right?' she asked awkwardly. She remembered how to make the potions but she didn't want her brother to get embarrassed.

'That is an immensely stupid question but, yes we require it.' he answered.

——————————

Lyn made her way to Barty's office. She had gotten detention with him because of misbehaving in McGonagall's class. She was nervous but confident. She was scared but brave.

'May I come in, professor?'  she asked with a slightly shaking voice.

'Yes, I don't have another option. Do I?' he replied blandly and in a bored tone that made Lyn squirm.

She walked in, Blaise's detention was with Professor McGonagall. So it was just him and her.

'Hello...' she smiled awkwardly.

'Sit down.' he said in the same bored tone. He hadn't taken the Polyjuice potion, so he was just the pretty, dirty blonde man with chocolate eyes Lyn always knew.

She sat down very awkwardly and started doing her detention. She had already had her dinner. So she was going to be here till 1 am, very unfortunate since it was only 8 pm.

••••••••

'I suppose Peter met you last night.' he said half past nine.

'Yeah. I suppose he told you about it.' Lyn replied.

They both went quiet again.

'Sooo, how are your hands?' he asked around 10 minutes before 10 pm.

'They are better. They still hurt though.' Lyn answered. 'Will you still teach here next year?' she queried as she looked up at him.

'No. No, I'll leave after the 3rd task.' he replied.

'I see...'

Quiet again.

'Well, I'll miss you if you leave.' she stood up to take her back and go to her dorm. The detention was over.

'I...will miss you too, ' he said quietly.

As Evelyn was walking out the door, she heard Barty voice say - 'Friends again?'

She turned to look at him. 'Yes.' she smiled and replied as she left.

She loved Barty so much, it would be a shame if he died.