Grimmauld Place : A Grim Old Place

The Dursleys were out somewhere and Harry, Evelyn, Hedwig and Apollo were sitting in Harry's bedroom. Lyn and Harry were playing uno while Hedwig and Apollo were napping.

'Did...Did you hear that? The sound of a window or lock breaking.' Harry asked.

'Hmm.' Lyn mumbled as she listened closely. 'I think I heard footsteps.'

'We should go check.' Harry said as they both got up and went down.

———————————

'AHHHHHHH' Harry shouted as Lyn took her wand and got in a defensive position.

'Potters?' Sounded a painfully familiar voice.

'Moody?' Lyn replied as Harry and she walked to the kitchen, the origin of the noise.

'Hello! I'm Tonks!' said a woman with colourful hair, who couldn't be older than 22.

'Hello, Moody, Tonks. I'm Harry and she's'—he pointed to Evelyn—' Eleanor or Evelyn'

'Hello Eleanor, pleasure meeting you Harry.' Said tonks.

Tonks looked up at Moody and a dark-skinned man, 'Do we have to take both of them?' Tonks asked.

'I-'

'Wait! Where are you taking us?' Lyn interrogated.

'Dumbledore's orders. Grimmauld place.' replied the tall, dark-skinned man.

'Where's tha-' And before Harry could finish his question, Lyn interrupted.

'Sirius' place? Why there?' Lyn asked, who was already familiar with Grimmauld.

Tonks sighed. 'Come with us, we'll tell you.'

————————————

Everything had been explained to Lyn and Harry on the way (they had used brooms to come), and all of them were at Sirius' place. Where there was a portrait of his shouting mother.

Something, new to Harry — not to Lyn, was that there was a group working against Voldemort and his followers called The Order of The Phoenix.

Today, was its meeting.

'Harry should leave.'

'I deserve to stay!'

'You're too young.'

'I fought him!'

'We understand.'

'No, you don't!'

Was how the conversation at the dining table was going.

Suddenly, Sirius raised his hand to quiet everyone and said -
'Evelyn can stay. The other children can leave. Evelyn will later soften it for everyone.'

Everyone broke out into another round of arguments and due to the loudness, Evelyn sneaked up to the second floor of the place.

Grimmauld might have been old and a bit too dirty but it wasn't small. Not at all.

Evelyn found herself wandering around the huge manor-type flat. There was a room marked 'Sirius', but Evelyn decided not to open it.

The room that caught her attention had a board which had two lines scribbled on it - 'Do not enter without the permission of Regulus Arcturus Black'.

Evelyn decided that they wanted to open this one, without the permission of Sirius' younger brother.

This room was the neatest one, with no insects. Each one was kept nicely, and orderly. 'The perfect brother', she remembered Sirius saying something to Harry.

Such a perfect, neat room. Unreal. Surreal.

Lyn touched the bedsheets, the weighted blankets, and the utter warmth of the room. It felt like a warm hug.

She realised she hadn't picked out a room.

'This one' she whispered to herself. And sat on the bed, criss-cross apple sauce style.

Everything was so quiet, all she could hear was her breathing.

Suddenly, she heard footsteps and the door opening.

'You're here.' Sirius said. He looked almost tired.

They talked through their eyes for a moment and then Lyn spoke, 'Tell me about him.'