The Second Task

A/N

sorry for the long time skip. Don't judge this is a cringe fic written by a goddamn 12 y/o. (closest you'll get to my actual age)

xoxo,
Artemis.

------------

Today was the second task. No one had any idea what was going to happen, Evelyn wondered if Harry had prepared for it or not, knowing her brother, probably not. Barty was still angry with her, Evelyn had used her detective skills and apparently, snape had no idea about Barty.

.....

'Harry, have prepared for the tournament?' Lyn said as she walked into the library.

When Lyn found him, he was holding a weird seaweed type of grass.

'Is it related to water? The black lake? The only reason you could be using gilly weed.' Evelyn mumbled.

'Oh good. It's not you....' Harry muttered.

'What do you mean, hars?' Evelyn furrowed her eyebrows.

'Um....nothing, grey.' he said as he walked out.

Grey was a codename Harry called Evelyn while playing. She brushed it off and left the library too, not realising that Harry never answered her questions.

------------

'LET'S START THE SECOND ROUND OF THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT. IN THIS ROUND, CHAMPIONS WILL HAVE TO RETRIEVE THE PEOPLE MOST IMPORTANT TO THEM FROM THE BLACK LAKE.' Shouted Ludo Bagman.

'That's what he meant.' Lyn whispered.

'Hmm?' Daphne asked, who was sitting beside her.

'Nothing.' she said.

While observing the black lake, her eyes wandered to Barty, they hadn't talked in a while.

'Evelyn?' a voice beside her called.

'Yeah?' Evelyn turned to face Daphne.

'where were you during yule ball?' she asked.

'Uhh...particularly nowhere.' she said, dumbfounded.

'Really?' Daphne asked with a Coy smile.

'Yes.' she said.

'No but really, where were you?' she went quiet for a second. 'With Draco?' she asked as she grinned ear to ear.

'No! I was not with Draco!' Evelyn exclaimed a little too loudly. Severus and Moody, who decided to come up to where the audience was sitting and sat beside snape looked behind themselves, Evelyn had forgotten that Barty and Snape were in front of them.

'Sorry professors.' said Daphne and Evelyn in sync. 'Gimme your ear.' Lyn hissed at Daphne and told her where she was on yule night.

'Mingling with professors, huh?' Daphne said as she danced her eyebrows.

'Shut up.' hissed Lyn.

•••••••

'HARRY POTTER WAS ABLE TO RETRIEVE HIS BEST FRIEND RON WEASLEY, USING GILLYWEED. HE IS ASSIGNED 45 POINTS, HE ALSO RETRIEVED GABRIELLE DELACOUR FORM THE LAKE.' said the booming voice of Ludo Bagman.

'FLEUR DELACOUR WAS NOT ABLE TO RETRIEVE HER SISTER AND THUS WILL BE ASSIGNED ONLY 25 POINTS.'

'VIKTOR KRUM WAS ABLE TO RESCUE HERMIONE GRANGER FROM THE LAKE USING A INCOMPLETE FORM OF TRANSFIGURATION. HE IS ASSIGNED 40 POINTS.'

'CEDRIC DIGGORY WAS ABLE TO RESCUE CHO CHANG FROM THE LAKE USING THE BUBBLE HEAD CHARM. HE IS ASSIGNED 47 POINTS.'

All the people clapped and congratulated the champions. Harry even got a kiss from Fleur herself, 'Lucky bastard.' said Lyn, who didn't even like women.

----------

The air at Hogwarts was full of excitement and suspense at the same time. Since no one knew who was gonna win, the Beauxbaton students, the Hufflepuffs, the Gryffindors and the durmstrang students were all side-eyeing each other.

'Hey!' Evelyn heard a voice say as she was walking through the corridor, she turned around to see Blaise.

'Hi..'

'I'm sorry, I shouldn't have stood you up on yule ball night.' he said as he walked up to her.

'It's fine.' was all she could get out.

'No, I'm sorry, I really am. Just give me one more chance, I promise I'll be a good..boyfriend.' he started coming even closer, and Evelyn realised that Blaise was going to kiss her.

'No! You creep!' she shouted as she slapped Blaise with her backhand. He fell on the floor with a thud. He wasn't unconscious but he was groaning loudly.

'What's going on there?' asked a voice, Lyn looked up, it was Professor McGonagall.

'Professor!' she ran up to her.

'Zabini tried to harass me!' she complained.

'Mr Zabini, is this true?' she interrogated strictly.

'No, professor. I thought she liked me.' he said rubbing his bleeding nose.

'That is not a good reason, Mr Zabini. I shall be reporting this to your head of house.'

'Professor, please do not.' Blaise begged.

'This is strictly against the rules.' McGonagall picked up Blaise and Evelyn and took them to Snape.

-------------

'Hmm.' said Snape as he observed Lyn and Blaise. Both of them were in Snape's office. 'Mr. Zabini, you do know that what you have done could get you expelled from the school. Hogwarts does not approve of this kind of behaviour. It could also damage your family's reputation, making you get disowned.'

'Professor, please let me off on a warning.' Blaise begged.

'No, that's too kind.' snape said malevolently. 'Which teacher do you think dislikes you the most?' he continued.

'Uh..Professor Moody, sir.'

'Well then, detention with Professor Moody for the rest of February and March.' Snape said sternly. 'I will make sure he knows about the detentions. He will give you timings tomorrow. And if Miss Potter or any other student informs me about something like this, I will make sure you get expelled.' He continued. 'Now go to the medical wing to get your nose fixed. Miss Potter, the dinner has begun, you may go downstairs.'

Zabini left as soon as Snape gave him the order.

'Thank you, professor.' Lyn said awkwardly.

'It's alright.' he replied.

Evelyn had left the room when she got lost in her thoughts again. Did she become friends with another professor?