Last Day.

Lyn sighed. 'I can't do this anymore.' she said in a tired voice. She looked more frail than she did a week ago. Now that Barty was dead, she had told Draco, Astoria and Daphne about her friendship with Barty. They had a lot of questions.

'..that's who you meant by imposter..' Astoria said wide-eyed.

'yea.' Evelyn said as she hugged the jacket that she was folding.

They all were packing their clothes since tomorrow they all were leaving.

'I don't- I don't know what to say. I'm sorry.' Draco ran a hand through his platinum blonde hair.

'It wasn't your fault. Crying or apologising won't change anything.' Lyn closed her eyes.

'Maybe...Maybe Apollo can make you feel better! Apollo!' Daphne shouted as Apollo, Evelyn's cat that she got in her second year as a birthday gift from Draco, came running.

'Maybe.' Lyn chuckled sadly as she stroked Apollo's fur. 'Wait.....I haven't seen Blaise in a while..' She narrowed her eyes and looked at Draco. 'Malfoy,' She said sternly.

'Potter?' He said with an awkward smile.

'Looks like somebody's father heard about him.' Astoria said, grinning.

'you didn't have to do that.' Lyn said, walking up to him and hugging him.

'I had to.'

'Thank you for that.' She said as pulled away from the hug.

'Hello, Draco.' A sly voice came from the entrance of Evelyn's dorm. They all turned to see Pansy. Pansy walked up to Draco and kissed him, French kissed him.

'Excuse me?' Astoria said awkwardly.

'Jealous, Greengrass?' Pansy panted as she pulled away. Draco looked simply traumatized, 'what?' He whispered wide-eyed.

'I'M NOT JEALOUS PARKINSON!' Astoria bellowed.

Everyone looked at her, they expected Tori to get angry but not so defensive.

'Tori, you okay?' Draco and Daphne asked in sync.

Before Astoria could answer, Pansy started shouting.

'Why do you care about her?' Pansy shouted.

'She's my friend,' Said Draco, who was the calmest of all of them.

'by the way Pansy, I'm breaking up with you, now leave.' Draco said. Evelyn who was looking at the floor and disassociating, looked up with her mouth open.

'How- I- I'm leaving.' Pansy said as she left.

'I'm dying.' Evelyn said as she and the others started laughing.

'THAT WAS A FEVER DREAM.' Daphne said.

'AWARD OF WORST KISSER GOES TO PANSY PARKINSON.' Draco laughed.

All four of them laughed, for a second, Lyn forgot everything that had happened.

Then, she snapped back to reality. And stopped laughing. She quickly went to her bed, packed her bags and went downstairs.

—————————————

'Hey, Potter! Professor Snape called you into his office.' Darceline, a 3rd-year slytherin shouted when she was leaving the Slytherin common room.

'Okay, thanks Darce.' Lyn replied.

Darceline smiled and continued talking to her friend.

————————×××————————

What would Snape want from me? What if it's something about what I saw that day in the graveyard? Lyn thought as she knocked on Snape's office door.

'Come in.' a calm and deep voice called.

'Hello, professor.' Evelyn said as she entered the room.

'Miss Potter, I have a...question, to be precise, Professor Dumbledore has a question.'

'What is it?' Lyn asked.

'What happened in the graveyard?'

'Well, Harry told you all whatever happened. He's Dumbledore's golden boy, he wouldn't lie to him. Would he, now?' Lyn answered.

'Okay, but was there something Harry might've missed?'

'Yes, he missed the part where I called Voldemort a coward.' Lyn replied very cheekily.

Snake grinned as he heard that. 'You really should get an award for making bad decisions.'

'The worse that could happen is either I will die or I will get tortured.' she took a deep breath. 'I don't care.'

'Are you sure there is nothing else that happened?' Snape questioned again.

'Oh yes, I mistook Voldemort for Peter's kid.' Lyn replied, grinning.

'what?' Snape burst out laughing.

'Yeah. Nothing else happened.' Lyn replied.

Snape stopped laughing. 'You may go, then.'

'Thank you, professor.'

———————————————————

She met Tori, Draco and Daphne again in the great hall for breakfast.

'Hi, guys.' Lyn said automatically.

'What did Professor Snape ask you?' they chorused.

'Nothing much. He just asked me what happened at the graveyard.'

'What did you tell him?' Draco continued asking.

'Let's just say I gave your godfather a good laugh.' Lyn replied.

'Wait- Snape's your godfather?' Daphne asked, who was not aware of this.

'Oh, yeah.' Draco replied casually.

'No shit, I wondered why he favours you so much.' Daphne replied sassily.

Draco gave Daphne a side eye as he sat down and started having breakfast.

After breakfast, dumbledore started giving his end-of-year speech.

'Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to choose between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, kind, and brave because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.'

Lyn did not cry hearing it, Lyn felt nothing at all. Cedric did not matter as barty did. And if barty wasn't praised, Cedric had no right.

In the evening, after dinner, everyone returned to their dorms, Lyn wondered where Peter was as she lay on her bed. Was he ok? Evelyn couldn't lose Peter like she lost Barty.

She breathed deeply. 'I'm ok.' she said to herself. She lied to herself.

She closed her eyes and fell asleep. Not realizing that a tiny grey rat curled on the floor near her bed.

———————————————

Lyn sat in the train, unblinking. She looked out the window as Hogwarts went farther and farther away. Everyone talked with their friends. Lyn stared at the scenery.

It was time for the Dursleys again.