Why?

Lyn slightly opened her eyes to see that she was still curled up in his lap. She was too sleepy to do anything so she looked at the clock and she saw it was 3 am. She decided to go back to sleep.

————————

When Evelyn woke up she was at the teacher's quarters. All teachers had quarters which connected to their offices she was in Barty's. It was very surprising, it quite pink and with a lot of soft toys, it was her dream bedroom, it was spacious too. She got up and sat on the bed, looking at the clock, it was 9 o'clock, she was late, oh no! There was also a note, it said -

'I know you're panicking but today is a Sunday- Barty' then hit her, today was a Sunday. Feeling quite stupid, she put her ear to the wall to see if there was anyone in the office. There was no noise, she slowly opened the door and looked around. There was no one, she slowly took her invisibility cloak, wrapped it around her slowly made her way to the dungeons.

She went to her dorm, unlike other houses, Slytherin students had a bedroom for each student. You could share some dorms with 4-6 beds in them. The dorms with single beds weren't separated by gender either. Lyn got to her dorm it was quite nice, with a fireplace and a window to look into the black lake.

Draco was very concerned about her disappearance at breakfast too, she had to lie to him and tell him that she was at the hospital wing.

'Why didn't anybody know that you were at the hospital wing?' interrogated Draco.

'um, because I didn't tell anyone. I felt sick and so I went to the hospital wing. Turns out I had food poisoning.' she said quietly

'WHAT? My father will hear about this!!' he said angrily.

'Draco don't' I pleaded

'Fine'

———————————

It had been a few days since the morning incident or what Barty named it, 'The time I almost got caught due to my sleepy shithead friend'. He still called her wisp, though not giving a reason.

She had also been told by Harry and barty that the first task was on 24th November. And it was October already, so he didn't have much time. Barty and Evelyn were talking bout he was only here to help bring back Voldemort.

'Sometimes I ponder if I should tell harry about this stuff.' she said with an undertone of anxiety.

'I know you won't,' he said calmly yet with an energetic undertone.

'why?' she said very quietly

'Because I'm the only friend you have.' he whispered.

'I- you're not my friend!' she whisper-shouted, even she didn't know how that burst happened.

Barty looked taken aback by this burst, there was a glint of sadness in his eyes but all he said was,

'go'

And she did.