Besties

Barty POV

It had been 15 days since he and Evelyn had talked at all. It was killing him, he still couldn't stop thinking about how she had called dad, it was the first time he had a warm feeling for anyone except his mum or regulus (bartylus supremacy).

He was kinda manipulating her so he did feel bad. But she wouldn't talk to him at all, he tried giving her detention for a stupid reason so he could talk to her but she would just do her detention and leave.

He just didn't want to be like his father.

———————————

EVELYN POV

Evelyn sat there brewing her potion in the dungeons, Snape droning on about the importance of the elixir of peace.

'Everyone has to find out the 5 most precarious poisons in the world' he said in his monotone voice.

'you okay?' she heard Draco's sweet voice ask.

'yeah,' she said quietly.

'you've been quiet for the past few days' he said.

'it's just- I've got a lot on my plate' she said exasperatedly

'oh- can I do anything to make you feel better?' he questioned.

'hug me after class' she said with a weak smile.

'please stop talking Ms Potter and Mr Malfoy.' Said snape in his stern voice.
'10 points from Slytherin'

Evelyn stayed quiet after that and made her potion very accurately.

——————————

She was wrapped in a hug by Draco when a voice interrupted them,

'Mr Malfoy, Ms Potter, please head to the lesson,' they both turned around, it was moody.

'Yes, professor' they both said at the same time and went to the DADA classroom.

Prof. Moody was teaching them about the 3 unforgivable curses. When the period was over, they all started getting out, But Barty called her to his desk when nearly every kid walked out.

'What do you want?'  she asked sternly.

'Sorry wisp'  he whispered, his voice shaking.

'I- what?' she said.

'I'm sorry?' he repeated.

'I- I didn't think you'd be the first one to apologise.' she said quietly

'You think I'm that stuck up?' he asked with a small smile.

'Meet me at my office around 9:30 pm.'

And then she left too.

———————————

Lyn entered Barty's office, he sat there reading.

'Hi wisp' he said looking up at her, putting his book down.

'hello,' she said calmly.

'I'm really sorry' he said quietly

'But it was my fault' she walked up and hugged him. He picked her up and put her in his chair.

'You're a kid, wisp' he muttered.
'You wanna go somewhere? I knew this when I was in school.'

'Oh, sure!' she chimed.

———————————————