Impostors, Jealousy and People

'Ugh.' Evelyn said as she rubbed her eyes and yawned. It was Monday, the worst day of the week, according to Lyn.

'Apollo.' she said as the cat licked her cheek. She looked at the clock, there was still time to get ready and go down.

•••

Lyn walked into the common room, all the people were yawning or looking like they dug themselves out of their graves.

'Hi.' Daphne said as she yawned.

'let's go down to the hall.' Astoria said as she joined the conversation.

————————————

It was the 4th period, DADA. Evelyn then realized that she had not talked to Barty much in the past week. So she decided to annoy him.

'Professor, I do not understand the function of the reduction curse.' she questioned.

Barty had many times said how he did not like students who asked too many stupid questions.

'That is an utterly senseless question.' he sneered.

Everyone looked at Lyn. She smiled to herself and sat down again. 'Sorry, professor.'

She continued to ask stupid questions, a very dumb decision and ended up in detention. It was not a part of her plan.

'Evelyn, what's wrong with you?' Astoria hissed.

'I'm sorry.'

'Or did you just want to be alone with Moody?' Daphne nudged her in the ribs.

'No, ya bitch.' Evelyn scowled.

Astoria and Daphne gasped dramatically.

'Language!' they joked.

—————————

'Hello, professor.' she said pretentiously.

He transformed back into Barty.

'Missed ya.' Evelyn walked up to him and hugged him.

'Oh really? I thought you were busy walking around the black lake with your favourite professor.' he said as he pushed her back.

'you- you were the owl.' she furrowed her eyebrows and looked up at him.

'No shit, Sherlock.' he snarled.

'I'm sorry.' she snarled. 'And why are you so angry?' she continued.

'I-' he sat down on his chair. 'I'm exhausted, wisp. Exhausted.' he rubbed his temples.

'Oh..sorry.' she walked up to him and hugged him.

'hmm.' he said.

'Uhhh, I think Snape knows about you being moody......' Evelyn said after 2 minutes of silence.

'WHAT?' Barty jumped out of his chair.

'Holy shi- yeah.' Evelyn said with a weird smile.

'Get out.' Barty pointed towards the door.

'But-'

'Out. Now!'

—————————————

'What happened with Moody?' Daphne questioned after dinner when they were sitting near a window in the common room.

'What could happen.' Evelyn replied dryly. '....Can I tell you both a secret?'

'Why, what happened?' Daphne and astoria asked.

'Some people aren't who you think they are. Someone is an imposter.'

It was the last thing Evelyn said before making way to her dormitory.

————————