The Third Task (Part II)

'WHERE ARE WE?' shouted lyn. They were in some sort of graveyard, far away from Hogwarts.

'Lyn!' Harry, Cedric and Peter shouted in sync.

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?' Harry and Peter, again, shouted in sync.

'WHY ARE YOU CARING FOR HER?' Harry shouted, he seemed to be stuck in some type of statue.

'She's my goddaughter, goddamn.' Peter snarled, very sassily. Peter seemed to be performing some sort of ritual. There was a cauldron near them. Harry's hand was bleeding and so was Peter's

'HARRY, PETER. ARE YOU BOTH OKAY? .' Evelyn shouted, wide-eyed.

Cedric, Peter, Harry, the deatheaters looked at her.

'Kill the spare!' a baby ordered Peter.

Evelyn gasped audibly and dramatically. 'YOU HAVE A KID? WHY DID I NOT KNOW? WHAT THE- WHY DID I NOT KNOW?'

'HE'S NOT MY KID, EW WHAT.' Peter shouted back. 'Anyway, Avada Kedavra!'

The spell hit Cedric. Time seemed to be frozen for a second. Lyn ran to Cedric's dead body. 'NO. No, Ced. CEDRIC. LISTEN TO ME. CEDRIC, TALK TO ME. LISTEN TO ME. CEDRIC!' she sobbed. 'CEDRIC.' she continued sobbing. After a few minutes which felt eternities, she turned around. Turned around to see Peter, and behind him, Harry and Voldemort were duelling. His eyes were ice blue and pure and his more was snake-like. 'Where did he come from?' she asked very shakily. Her throat was hurting from screaming. Although the chance of Peter answering was low.

'Lyn!' Peter shouted angrily.

'I'm not on your side, Peter,' she gasped.

Peter was still angry but he went quiet.

He sighed. 'You should leave,' he said calmly.

'I'm not gonna. Give me my brother.' she insisted, frowning. 'And you, you're losing blood. I'm not leaving you either. You're like- like my dad. I can't afford to lose another person.' she felt a lump form in her throat and tears formed in her eyes again.

'I do not control what The Dark Lord does or will do. Neither can I leave.' he said. He showed no signs of emotions, his blue eyes were emotionless and lifeless. Everything was slowly becoming a blur of time.

'They are flying!' she shouted as she ran past Peter.

A golden string was connecting Harry and The Dark Lord.

'What's going on?' Peter shouted to the deatheaters behind Voldemort.

'We don't know.' Shouted one of them. He sounded oddly familiar.

'Potter, leave.' said the same deatheater, sternly.

'I SAID IT. I'M NOT LEAVING.' she thundered. 'Crucio!' she shouted, pointing her wand at the same death eater.

The death eater fell to the ground and was writhing in pain.

Peter reached to grab Lyn's hand, but she ran. Ran as fast as she could. Harry was still floating. 'Hars!' she shouted as she pulled Harry down by his leg.

Harry and Voldemort both broke the connection, they fell to the ground.

'You ok?' She asked, panting.

'What do you think?' he said with a slight smile. Her eyes shifted to his hand, she took a deep breath.

'Here, take my handkerchief. Tie it.'

'Thank you. Grey. But- I was able to talk to Mum's and Dad's ghosts. Cedric too.' he took a deep breath. 'He told me to bring his body back to his father.'

'Okay,' Lyn looked at Voldemort. He is weak right, let's leave.'

They both reached the portkey but Evelyn turned around, 'What are you doing?' Evelyn did not answer, all she did was shout 'YOURE A COWARD, RIDDLE' to Voldemort.

They both picked up Cedric and used the portkey.

------

Evelyn and Harry watched Amos Diggory cry over his son's body, Fleur was crying too. Lyn's eyes were filled with tears, and so were Harry's. Suddenly, they both felt a tug on their shirts.

'Come with me, potters' whispered Alastor 'Mad-Eye' Moody.

——————————

'YOU DID ALL THIS? YOU'RE A TRAITOR!' Harry shouted at Barty. Barty had told them everything except the fact that Lyn was somewhat involved.

The door broke, and Snape, McGonagall and Dumbledore all came in. With Ludo
Bagman behind them.

Professor McGonagall pulled Harry towards herself, and much to Lyn's surprise, Snape did the same thing with her.

'Professor Snape, is this polyjuice potion?' Dumbledore said he passed Snape Moody's flask.

'Yes.' As soon as Snape replied, the effect wore off. And Moody became Barty again, lyn swallowed hard.

He pulled his sleeve up to show his dark mark, the snake coming out of a skull. 'I'll show you mine if you show me yours.'

'Professor, bring the veritaserum.' Dumbledore said to snape.

----------

Somehow, Barty, even through veritaserum, did not say anything about Lyn.

Lyn did not know what happened after that since she and Harry were taken to the Medical Wing.

--------

'Do not worry, Madam Promfrey. This dog is completely safe and trained.' Dumbledore said to Madam Promfrey who insisted on removing, the black dog from the medical ward.

When she left, Evelyn asked a question 'Professor, what will happen to Barty Crouch Jr?' she asked this particular question since Madam Promfrey had allowed her to go since she was not hurt except for a few scrapes here and there.

'Uh. He has been kissed by the dementor, he will be in the dungeons for tonight and be taken back to Azkaban tomorrow early morning.' he answered. 'But, if you want to leave. I'd prefer you go to your dorm.'

'Yes, professor.' she said as she started leaving.

She looked back for a second and she swore she saw Dumbledore winking.

———————————

She came to the dungeon chambers of Hogwarts, Barty's chamber to be particular, the girl who was calmly standing till now collapsed.

Evelyn started quietly sobbing, she held Barty's head in her arms. His chocolate  eyes were cloudy and unblinking but there was still something so comforting about his presence to Lyn that she couldn't leave.

'Barty...' she sobbed. She couldn't handle how she lost three people in one day. Barty and Cedric dead and Peter betrayed her.

She sobbed for hours till she felt barty body move. 'Bar-ty?' she said, the word broken by a hiccup.

'Ake. My, jackt.' he whispered very quietly.

'Your- Your jacket?' lyn whispered back, fascinated. People who had been kissed by dementors shouldn't be able to speak.

'es' he whispered again. Lyn swiftly took his jacket. She then remembered that Barty had said to take his jacket if he dies.

His jacket didn't smell bad, it smelled like cologne. Citrus cologne.

Lyn hugged the jacket. She didn't want to leave it ever. Suddenly, she heard footsteps. So she picked up the jacket and stoop up to run, as she was leaving she heard barty say something along the lines of

'I love you.'

Evelyn eyes started filling up with tears again so she ran and ran and fell into her dorm where she hugged the jacket and slept.

---------
A/N

Hello everyone, sorry for the long chapter. It's 1123 words!! That's a lot. Thank you for everyone reading till now. This is story is not over and will not be for a very long time. Please comment your opinions. THANKYOU FOR 3.56 K READS!!!!!
12/6/23,
xoxo,
Artemis.