The First Task

A/N

Playlist based on this ff - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5GkZRREvXKL8NAIHqdHz4q?si=-oYcCrghQJCto8L2E1QVxA
Or
Evelyn Potter by 𝔽𝕠𝕠𝕝.
(Evelyn's cat is now a male and named Apollo)
-------------------

A few minutes after Trelawney stood up and left, Evelyn did too.

...

Barty wasn't at the school since he had gone to the riddle manor, and lyn felt lonely. Although soon it was time for the tournament, Evelyn had gone to the tent to wish luck to Cedric and Harry.

----------------

She watched anxiously as they all went one by one,

Cedric took down the Swedish Short-Snout by turning a boulder into a labrador, his favourite dog breed and distracting the dragon and stealing the golden egg, he got burned either way. He got 38 points.

Next, the French girl, Fleur Delacour stole the golden egg from the common welsh green by charming the dragon into a trance and stealing the egg, but the dragon snored and burned her robes.

After fleur, it was the durmstrangs student, Viktor Krum. He stole the egg by using the conjunctivitus curse but the dragon raged and hurt her eggs. Although he was able to steal the gold one. He scored 40 points.

Finally, it was harry's turn. Lyn sighed and shifted her eyes to the Hungarian Horntail, she didn't want to look at her little brother; she didn't want to lose him, she was scared. But she made up her courage to glance at harry and the dragon.

He used a summoning charm to summon his broom and then stole the egg. Although, the dragon did hit him with his tail, giving him a gash. He scored 40 points, too.

So now, Krum and Harry were tied, Cedric was in 3rd place and Fleur was at last.

--------------

Evelyn made her way to harry after the task and saw him sitting in the tent with others,

'Hello, lyn' Cedric said making harry, Krum and fleur look at her.

'Hello, Ced, are you ok now?' she questioned.

'yeah, the burn hurts though' he said while groaning slightly.

Evelyn's eyes narrowed, 'yeah, I know how that feels.' everyone started staring at her hands and she squirmed.

She walked over to harry and started asking about him,

'Are you ok? How much does the gash hurt?' she asked in a very concerned tone.

'I'm alright, lyn,' he sounded annoyed.

'mm, I'll leave,' she said glancing at Cedric, who smiled at her.

'Bye, Ced.'

'Bye.'

----------------

It was now evening, the whole common room was talking about the task and harry's wit and/or stupidity. Lyn couldn't be less interested. So she was healing a wound on Apollo and stroking him. Apollo and Crookshanks had never gotten along and that's why when no one was watching, they both started attacking each other. Crookshanks had been deeply hurt too and she and mudblood had apologised to each other.

'Hey,' she heard a familiar voice say and she looked up.

'Whatcha doin'?' Draco said again.

'oh um, nothing,' she gestured for him to sit beside her and he did.

'my owl got hurt by one of the dragons, just like my best friend.' he said in a calm tone.

'Really?' she said as she put her head on his shoulder.

'yeah'

'Am I your best friend?' lyn asked rather timidly.

'you will be my one and only....friend' he said looking at her.

And Evelyn smiled happily, if she was not loved by Harry and Sirius, maybe being loved by Draco and Barty was enough.