Drunken words are sober thoughts

Start from the beginning

It's been almost an hour since I got to the bar and I have in fact had only one drink. It did help a little that the rest of the lads weren't drinking much either, just chatting and dancing with girls. Of course I wasn't and sat on a couch with the other partners.

It was pushing 12am at this point when many, many couples were walking in. I guess it had been couples night too. None of it had really effected me until I land my eyes on a queer couple, for some reason, it had reminded me of Charlie and I. I wasn't sure why this was messing me up so much when it was just a couple dancing, together, they weren't fighting, neither of them needed space from the other, they were just happy. "Oh" I thought to myself after it had clicked.
I sat there zoned out, not even sure what I was thinking until I couldn't take it anymore. I found myself sitting at the bar, asking for two silver bullet shots. Four. Five. Eight. I'm ten shots and two beers in when I realize I can't feel much. I was still thinking about Charlie, but it wasn't as negative as it was before. I pulled out my phone and pressed my emergency contact, Charlie's number. I texted him

My love😍😘:

(12:43am)- I midd u soooooooopoiipoiioi much

I lobe u

I wish I nevwr did it. I just didn't whant to hirt u

I whant to kiss anhd hugg uuuu and touch it's bern sooio longg

I sent all of the texts while I was still at the table, but sooner than later, I felt tears run down my face "ahh mate, you alright" the bartender ask me but I just nod my head and stumble away to find the lads i'm supposed to be with.
It takes me a while to find them since it's kind of hard to think straight right now. I hear my name from afar, but I don't acknowledge whoever it was until they tap my shoulder. It was James "Mate i've been looking all over for you, everybody's gone" he says loudly so I hear him over the music. My eyes were heavy "yea, yeah" I say hoping that satisfies him. "Nelson are you drunk, we've still got training tomorrow" "mmhmn" I groan out "oh you've gone mad, you're pissed" he says wrapping his arms around me before we start walking. "Wh-where" I manage to get one word out "I'm taking you home, looks like I'm the real babysitter". I didn't fight him, I just got into his car and closed my eyes.
James drove, asking me questions from time to time like "what are you gonna do tomorrow" and "how bad are your hangovers". I answered them both with an "I don't know".
I wasn't sure how long he had been driving or if it had been long at all, but at some point during the ride, my phone buzzed. Charlie had texted me back

My love 😍😘

(1:02am)- are u drunk rn

Where are you. I'm coming to pick u up

You're really bad at keeping promises lately

I read the texts as well as I could before I just put my phone back down. I was able to pick out most words, and I know that none of them were "I love you" or "I miss you".
I rested my head against the window "can I stay at yours" I ask James "Nick were literally in your driveway c'mon" "please" I say desperately "what about Charlie, he's there waiting for you" he says pointing towards the house "fuck" I mumble to myself before opening the door. I stand up leaning against the car as I'm not really capable of walking. James wraps his arm around me, and pulls mine around his neck as we walk towards my home. Charlie was there waiting with the door open "hi James, I'm so sorry" " it's all good, do want him somewhere" " The couch is fine, thanks" Charlie says closing the door.
James sets me down before walking out, Charlie goes with him. I hear the door close again, and I'm comes Charlie. "Do you need something" I shake my head "k well I'm going to bed" he walks off. I sit up "w-wait" I say making him stop in his tracks, turning around. " I never meant to hurt you Char please, I thought I was doing the right thing. I- I just love you so much a-and I want to make it right, please. I can explain" I say and u can feel the tears again "maybe when you're sober, and mean it. Not just trying to get in my pants" he says going to walk off "but I mean it now and I'm not just trying to get in your pants. I want my husband" "we'll talk later" he says actually going up this time. The tears are flooding my eyes and speeding down my cheeks " I love you" I say quietly knowing he wouldn't have heard me either way.
I just laid on the couch crying, trying to fall asleep when I heard the stairs creak. I popped up. It was just Nellie. I laid back down before she came over to cuddle me, but apparently Charlie wasn't too far behind "Nick" I shot back up a little too fast. I made eye contact "I love you ok, I'm just processing everything. But I love you so, so much and we'll be ok, we'll talk later" he says crying now. It hurt to see him hurt, but it was even worse knowing that I caused it "I'm really sorry" I choke out "I know Nick". He walked around the couch, coming towards me. He sat down before wrapping his arms around me. I reciprocated after a little hesitation caused by shock. I didn't say anything and neither did he. Charlie then shifted and was now laid on top of me. I wanted to kiss him, but I didn't want to push it and ruin the moment. He just laid, clinging to my side as I held him. There were still silent tears until he started kissing them away. I melted into them, it was the contact that I was used to, but had been lacking.
I closed my eyes once the tears and kisses stopped. I was getting my char back.

A/N: sorry for the delay...just been having a lot of school work so not much time for writing. Hope you enjoyed this one though. Luv u all🕺😘