nutmeg (ccino) x dusk ( passive nightmare)

It was a nice crisp fall morning in bloom!verse. The small multiverse was bustling with monsters out to enjoy the autumn morning . nutmeg was in his small little quaint cafe getting ready for today. In the back of the cafe nutmeg was quietly baking some lovely fall treats. From pumpkin muffins to apple tarts and even some lovely cinnamon and nutmeg cookies that were quite soft and crumbly. The whole bakery smelt heavenly from nutmeg's cooking. Even his pet calico butterbeer who was sleeping on her little cat bed in the dining area wass sniffing the air purring enjoying the lovely smell filling the cafe giving it an even cozier feeling then it normally would have.

Meanwhile back in town bloom!verse's king's brother was out on his daily errands. A young skeleton in a lovely and quite fancy regal outfit walked down the sidewalk humming a small tune to himself. Young monsters with their parents look at the man in pure awe whispering to their parents. " mister dusk is here!" dusk smiled hearing the young souls so excited to see him out . dusk in his hands had a beautiful bouquet of many pretty flowers. Sunflowers, marigolds, and lilies filled the bouquet freshly picked from the king's garden. With the flowers was an envelope with a royal wax seal on it. Seems like dusk was going to go see someone who he seemed quite fond of.

   Nutmeg would bring the trays of freshly baked pastries to the front counter gently placing the pastries in their glass displays making sure that the desserts were nice and enticing in there display. Butterbeer hopped gently next to the register watching nutmeg do his daily routine . nutmeg looked to butterbeer smiling. " well well well it seems like my fall goodies got your attention hm miss butterbeer? " Butterbeer meowed at nutmeg still purring as she watches her owner. Nutmeg quickly finished putting the pastries out before coming over to butterbeer and gently petting her long smooth fur. " Do you want a treat butters?" Butterbeer meows excited as she sits down and goes into a begging position. Nutmeg chuckled as he watched butterbeer quickly grabbing a small jar of fish shaped cookies from under the register. He opens the jar grabbing one of the fish cookies. " ok butters do a spin!" Butterbeer mewed as she does an adorable attempt of doing a spin while still on her two back feet. She gets about halfway before being forced back on all four of her paws. nutmeg smiled with a chuckle as he handed the cookie to butterbeer. " close enough butters." Butterbeer mewed happily as she took the cookie with her mouth jumping down and taking it to her bed. Nutmeg smiles as he fixes his apron over his cute paw print covered sweater and gets the tea and coffee ready knowing who his first customer would be and wanting his coffee to be ready before he gets here.

After a couple minutes of walking, dusk finally got to the place he wanted to be. He smiled looking at nutmeg's cafe....he always made it a point to come see nutmeg daily. Nutmeg and butterbeer always gave him a moment to rest and chat before getting to his royal duties with his brother. He walks to the door gently opening it making the bell on the door chime. Butterbeer perks her head up hearing the chime . she right away devours the fish cookie whole before running to the door letting out welcoming meows. Dusk chuckled watching butterbeer. He gently places the flowers and envelope on a table . He picks up butterbeer, letting butterbeer give him many licks on his face as he smiles. " Good morning, Miss butterbeer. I see that you are quite excited to see me today hm?" butterbeer meowed in happiness as she purrs licking at dusk's face even more. Dusk laughed as he was greeted with many kisses from butterbeer. Nutmeg behind the counter quietly watched the two smiling . He loved seeing butterbeer so happy to see dusk. He swore that sometimes butters was more excited to see dusk than he was some days.

   Finally after a couple minutes butterbeer would calm down on the kisses finally letting dusk put her back on the ground. Dusk smiled watching butters go back to her bed. He then looked to nutmeg as he picked up the bouquet and envelope walking over to the register. Nutmeg sighed with a chuckle. " That darn cat loves you, doesn't she?" dusk chuckled with a smile . " If her many kisses didnt say that then I don't know what would." nutmeg lets out a little laugh at dusk's comment. He looked at dusk . " I'm assuming the usual?" dusk nodded looking at the pastries. Normally dusk wasn't really a sweets person....but the fall pastries looked much too scrumptious to not get one. " I'll take my usual black coffee along with one of the apple tarts, please nutmeg." nutmeg nodded. " alrighty then dusk." nutmeg quickly gets to work on getting dusk's order. Dusk smiled quietly watching nutmeg with a faint purple blush on his cheeks. He absolutely loved nutmeg.

After only a couple minutes or so nutmeg would bring the freshly hot black coffee and flakey apple tart over to the register. " That will be five dollars dusk." dusk nodded. As usual dusk handed nutmeg way more than nutmeg had asked for . He handed nutmeg 20 dollars. Nutmeg smiled as he took it. Before nutmeg can even get the money out to give back to dusk he smirked. " Keep the change nutty~" nutmeg lightly blushed a faint peachy pink as he nodded, seeming to know that dusk was going to do that. " alrighty then." dusk went to go sit at one of the tables knowing nutmeg would join him shortly.

 After a few minutes nutmeg comes from behind the counter holding a nice hot coffee for himself that had still some little sugar cubes slowly melting into the coffee on top along with a pumpkin muffin. He sits at the other side of the table smiling as he sits down. Dusk smiled, letting nutmeg take a sip of his coffee before speaking." Happy birthday nutty." dusk gently pushes the bouquet and envelope to nutmeg. Nutmeg smiled, " you always are too kind to remember my birthday every year dusk." dusk smiled gently, taking nutmeg's hand. " a kind and amazing man like you deserves to have their birthday remembered nutty. I love you and I'd never forget to tell you happy birthday." nutmeg blushes a bit more when hearing dusk's kind words.

After another sip of his coffee and a bite of the moist pumpkin muffin nutmeg looks at the flowers. He gently picks them up and takes a sniff of them smiling. " You always pick out my favorite flowers from you and dawn's garden. " dusk smiled . " Well of course I do. Only the best flowers for you nutty~." nutmeg smiles as he takes a couple of the flowers gently putting the delicate beautiful flowers into his ecto hair. Dusk quietly watched smiling the entire time thinking the flowers simply added to nutmeg's beauty. After finishing placing the flowers in his hair, Nutmeg looked at dusk. " Do they look nice?" dusk nodded, taking a bite of the apple tart. " They make your beauty shine even more nutty. I love them just as much as I love you~." nutmeg smiled as his blush became more vibrant from dusk's flattering comments.

    Nutmeg then looked at the envelope. He gently takes it, being careful while opening the wax seal doing his best to keep the envelope in one piece wanting to keep it in his collection of the many cards and notes dusk had given him over the years. Nutmeg gently takes the handmade card out of the envelope. Dusk had done beautiful and elegant calligraphy on the front of the card along with beautiful pen sketches of ornate and elegant patterns with flowers all through it. On the front it said " happy birthday my love." in beautiful cursive that clearly took quite a while to get perfect.nutmeg opens the card. Inside was a very beautiful sketch of dusk and nutmeg. The two were on a bench holding each other and giving each other a kiss. In the card it read " to the most gentle, caring and beautiful man in the world. I wish you a happy birthday once again . Let's hope for many more birthdays together, my dear nutty~. Sincerely dusk"

Happy tears went down Nutmeg's face as he read the card. Dusk smiled knowing nutmeg would love it. Dusk gets up from his chair and walks over gently hugging nutmeg before giving nutmeg a kiss on the cheek whispering to nutmeg. " I love you nutty~. Don't you ever forget that." nutmeg smiled as he kissed dusk back on the cheek. " I love you to dusky. "