a shared sick day

It was only a few months since Murdoc ended up getting put in jail . it was still kinda odd and unnerving to not hear murdoc in the house. It felt...wrong in an odd way. Though today in particular 2d was definitely appreciating the quietness. 2d was on the sofa in a blanket burrito silently watching anything on the tv. The whole studio had caught the yearly flu . 2d's unkempt room wasn't helping him feel any less ill so he had moved himself to the living room. His voice was nearly fully gone and despite Russell and noodle also having the cold...it certainly made 2d feel useless since his voice is what he needs for his job. He sighed a raspy sigh as he sipped on the nice hot mug full of peppermint tea next to the sofa enjoying the temporary soothing effect from the warm waterfall of mint flavored tea going down his aching throat.

As 2d silently sat watching whatever random show was on the tv noodle would carefully head down the stairs . She was bundled up in a blanket too . She hated having to take a break from being her hyper and energetic self over a stupid flu. Noodle waddles over to the kitchen in her adorable fuzzy cat slippers . she notices the kettle of tea that 2d had made. She looked over to 2d seeing her big brother not having an easy time with this shitty illness either. Noodle grabs a mug of the tea and waddles over to the sofa to join 2d. 

    2d notices noodle coming over, getting a small bit of happiness in his eyes. He gives a wave forcing a hand out of his blanket cocoon. Noodle smiled to 2d . " heya 2d. I see that you still can't speak huh?" Noodle's voice was raspy but she could at least still speak. 2d simply nods with a sigh. Noodle sighed gently side hugging 2d. " Well, do you mind having me as company? I'm getting really tired of just looking at the four walls of my room...and my nose is so clogged up that I can barely sleep more than an hour at a time." 2d would nod to noodle. Honestly anything was better than being alone in silence while feeling like shit.

Noodle as she sips her tea and looks to see what 2d is watching then gets an idea. She looks over to 2d. " hey 2d....i know it's kind of a childish idea ... .but do you want to make a pillow fort? We aint going to leave the living room so might as well have some fun if you want." 2d would think about it for a moment....he and noodle hadnt made a pillow fort in years. When she was a kid they used to do it all the time mostly just for the time together and to temporarily block out any stress from work. 2d would nod to the idea 'making noodle smile. " you stay here 2d. I'll go get the stuff for it. " noodle quickly makes her way upstairs as 2d patiently waits for noodle to get back .

After a couple minutes, noodle makes it back downstairs. She had a bunch of spare blankets and pillows in her arms along with some comics, her and 2d's nintendo switches, and a small inflatable mattress that the band had bought for the guest bedroom recently. The mattress was at least big enough for 2d and noodle to share and rest on. Noodle walks back to the sofa putting all the items down before grabbing the dining room chairs and scooching them over to use as the support for this pillow fort. 

      2d carefully gets out of his blanket forcing his achy body up. Him and Noodle start working on the pillow fort . They even use the couch cushions for extra support so the fort wouldn't fall apart. The two carefully moved the tv into their fort as well making sure there was enough space for it in the fort . noodle uses the leftover blankets and pillows to decorate the air mattress making the overgrown pool toy as comfortable as physically possible. The final touch to the fort would be noodle and 2d grabbing some snacks. Specifically some ice cream, a bowl of microwaved ramen big enough for the two to easily share, and a nice fresh cup of peppermint tea.

The two finally relax once more, snuggling up in their blankets as the two sit on the air mattress. 2d grabs the remote and briefly flips through the channels before finding cartoon network. The two munch down on their shared bowl of ramen enjoying the cheap but relaxing and soothing broth and noodles. Both of them hadn't had time to truly hang out in months due to 2d being stressed out by his new tasks as the temporary leader of the band while murdoc is gone. It wasn't as easy as murdoc made the job look. From having to edit the songs, find places to film music videos, making sure that the instruments are always ready and in good shape for songs, and writing the songs....it was truly a never ending pile of stress.

As the two slurped down the last bit of the ramen noodle looks over to 2d ... .smiling as she sees that his eyes had gone back to white. At Least he was mentally doing better. Noodle sighed, glancing down at the two switches getting an idea. " Do you want to play mario kart 2d? I'm sure I can still beat your butt at it even if I'm sick!" noodle gives 2d a determined smirk . 2d could tell that even while feeling like a clogged up mess that noodle was still her competitive self. He gives a determined smirk back as he grabs his switch and noodle does the same with her own switch. 

   The two would spend about three hours playing many competitive rounds of mario kart. 2d had somehow won a couple times and noodle was definitely ready to beat her big brother once and for all not willing to let him win so easily. The two had their eyes absolutely glued to their switches as they are neck to neck on one of the harvest levels in the whole game. Mute city. Both were neck to neck on the course on the third lap. Noodle kept on trying to pass 2d but he kept on getting the mushroom power ups so he kept on keeping her out of first place. Noodle felt a determined fire in her soul as she quickly drifted into one of the power up blocks. The patience of waiting to see what she was going to get was absolutely agonizing. Finally she sees what she has been absolutely hoping for. The legendary star power up. Noodle gives the most evil smirk she can muster as she quickly uses the power up. Her character violently sped past 2d in a flash. 2d raised his brows envying noodle's luck. 2d watches in pure defeat as noodle's character easily makes it to the finishing line winning the egg cup. 

     2d shook his head with an absolutely defeated half smile on his face. Noodle lets out raspy giggles looking at 2d's face. " I told you that I could beat your butt even while sick 2d- HEY! " 2d quickly tackles noodle into a playful hug making the two let out raspy giggles . oh how both of they missed being able to have so much fun without any worries.

Finally after a couple minutes of the two being absolute goofs the two help each other back into a sitting position . Noodle sighed smiling as she looked up to 2d. " I really don't remember the last time we had this much fun 2d. I've missed all of this." 2d nodded . Despite his voice still being very raspy and quiet he's able to force out. " I have to noodle ... .hopefully once all this stuff calms down and I can find a bass player for the band ... .we can have more fun like this ... .alright?" noodle nodded. The two smile as they hug each other giving each other a platonic cuddle excited to be able to enjoy each other's company more often in the distant future.

2d looked over at the tv. All the good cartoons were pretty much over.... 2d gets an idea. He forces out another raspy and brief sentence. " I'll be back noodle." 2d forces himself up carefully as he temporarily leaves the fort. Noodle watched 2d leave curious on where he was going . She continues to watch the more boring cartoons as she patiently waits for 2d to get back downstairs.

After about five minutes 2d makes it back downstairs. He comes back into the fort. Noodle looks into 2d's hands seeing him holding one of his absolute favorite movies. The original dawn of the dead. Noodle got slightly excited seeing it. Despite watching the movie multiple times with 2d it never got old for either of them. 2d quickly puts the movie into the DVD player and switches the tv into the correct mode before sitting back onto the inflatable mattress putting a pillow under his head as 2d slightly lays down still looking at the tv as he lets his feet hang off the mattress. Noodle quickly joins her brother, finding the position much more relaxing since the two had been sitting up for so long. 

     After a few hours Russell would walk downstairs. He had pretty much slept the entire day. When he was sick the only thing he really wanted was to sleep. He yawns still trying to wake up as he goes to the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee craving the caffeine filled hot drink right now. As Russell walks towards the kitchen he notices the pillow fort....he smiled walking over and gently lifting the makeshift entrance to the fort open.

Inside the fort noodle and 2d had finally fallen asleep. Snuggling with each other in their slumber . The two were too sleepy to even make it through dawn of the dead as the movie was now back on its play screen. Russell smiled glad to see that the two had kept each other company on the quiet day. Russell gently takes some of the spare blankets in the fort and gently lays them on top of the two sleepy siblings to keep them both warm. He sighed, whispering in a fatherly tone. " get some rest you two. "