Happy birthday kiddo...

It was a rainy October night. Plastic beach was currently dead silent. Well, everywhere besides Murdoc's office. Murdoc was curled up in his office. Obsidian had absolutely drained murdoc to the point that obsidian no longer was even messing with the sleep deprived and deeply depressed man. Murdoc was completely broken. 2d feared murdoc to the point where 2d had pretty much become a scared and abused dog in murdoc's eyes. 2d had become a husk of the sure socially awkward but atleast kind and relaxed singer he once was. The two had been stuck here for three years at this point. 2d had lost any faith of ever seeing noodle or russell again. Poor stu had become so depressed that murdoc was having to hide anything that.....2d might try to hurt himself with. The once adopted family was....absolutely crumbling apart.

Murdoc was in his office trying to distract his mind by repairing the cyborg husk of his niece. She had malfunctioned again. Murdoc honestly despite knowing that the cyborg wasn't noodle at all ... .still felt the need to treat it like it's still the niece that he honestly....wanted to hope is still somehow alive...but...after three years....he's doubting that more and more everyday. He would smoke a cigarette lodged in between his sharp teeth as he peels back the latex face on the cyborg and works on soldering some messed up wires along with repairing some water damage. He would look at the cyborg's glossy eyes that had no sort of life in them as he replaced the lower jaw. Oh how murdoc wished that he no longer had to pretend that this piece of scrap metal was his niece ...but ... .his mind won't let him...anything to replace the hole in his clouded soul that losing noodle left. 

    After a couple minutes murdoc would peel the latex flesh back onto the cyborg's face as he plugs in some of the misplaced wires back into it letting the cyborg charge for the night. Murdoc would take a moment as he finishes his cigarette to clean some stuff off his desk, planning to do some editing on the most recent recording. As Murdoc shuffled some beer bottles and tools off his desk his eyes would glance to the calendar next to his computer. He would pause looking at the calendar....today....was noodle's birthday....murdoc would stare at the date in disbelief....had....had his three years of living on the plastic heap of an island...really blinded him to passing time that much?

As Murdoc sat there slightly bewildered he would mentally try to figure out how old noodle would be now..."she's......she's an adult now ... ..she's 20 years old..." murdoc felt his clouded soul sink in his chest. He....he hadn't seen noodle in...6 whole years. Murdoc felt dread in himself as he realized that...the band's kiddo ... .was no longer a kiddo...she is an adult. Murdoc would sit there in dead silence thinking about how truly upset noodle would be...knowing what has happened to her loving family. 

   Murdoc as he silently sat there lost in his thoughts...would...get an idea. Even if noodle can't hear it...it will make him feel better. Murdoc forces himself up from his desk chair as he grabs a pack of cigarettes and heads to the recording studio. The only thing breaking the silence on this horrid island would be Murdoc's footsteps on the cold cement hallway floors. Eventually Murdoc makes it to the recording studio. He takes a deep breath as walks in right away heading to the microphone that he and 2d use when they talk on the radio to promote their albums and songs.

Meanwhile, thousands of feet away, noodle was with russell. Russell had found an island for the two to rest at for the night. Russell would lay his head on the island as he quietly snores, making the island gently rumble with each one. Noodle meanwhile was still awake. She was eating a dinner of some cooked fish stew as she used a tree as shelter from the rain. Noodle honestly had completely forgotten about her own birthday. Russell also really had no way to celebrate for his daughter so....birthdays pretty much just passed by at this point. Noodle as she enjoyed the slightly still warm fish stew would listen to the radio. She wasn't listening to anything in particular, just whatever she could get cleared up enough to hear. 

   Noodle would once again sigh as she heard static absolutely swallow the music she was attempting to listen to. She puts her bowl of food down onto the sand as she takes the radio and fiddles with the knobs trying to get another clear signal. Noodle as she went through many distorted radio signals would pause at a ... .familiar voice at the other end. " Hello there, listeners. It's murdoc niccals from the band Gorillaz . I have a very special announcement for you listeners."

Noodle would feel herself perk up as she slowly turns up the volume. After not hearing murdoc or 2d's voices in years...just hearing her uncle on the radio....brought her at least a bit more happiness even during this dreary night. Murdoc would continue on the radio. " Tonight as you true fans might remember is are old guitarist's birthday. Miss noodle hobbs. " Noodle as she listened would feel her soul fill with overwhelming emotions as she listened to her uncle say her name on the radio. She no longer cared about finishing her dinner only wanting to listen to murdoc. She also silently wondered ...where murdoc was if the signal was coming in this clear...he at least had to be...somewhat close...right?

    Murdoc would continue to speak as noodle refused to take her attention off of the radio. " noodle kiddo i don't know if you're alive ... .but if you are ... .happy 20th birthday kiddo...i would have stu join but...he's tuckered out...i hope you're hearing this kiddo....me and stu miss you. "Noodle felt tears swell up in her eyes. Even though it was just coming from a radio....she could hear how ... ..depressed murdoc was...hearing her uncle so distraught... and yet ... .choosing to still send out such a kind message...made her even more determined to find him and 2d.

Murdoc would feel a sad smile on his face...feeling just a hint of hope that....noodle might be listening. He takes a puff of his cigarette as he finishes his message giving a kind but short song to noodle. " Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you kiddo....happy birthday to you." Murdoc had tears streaming down his normally stern face as he signed off. " Goodnight everybody. And goodnight noodle if you're out there...." murdoc would stop the recording as he lets the normal recordings of the band's songs continue their normal nightly routine. 

   Noodle would silently sob as she heard Murdoc finish his announcement. She would turn off the radio as she smothers her face with her mask to quiet her sobbing, not wanting to accidentally wake up russell. He....he remembered her birthday ...murdoc still wanted to see her alive...noodle felt determination fill her whole body as she now only had one thought on her mind...she needed to find murdoc and 2d....she needed her family back together.

As noodle quietly sobbed Russell would quietly stir awake to the noise as he looks to noodle. He notices her ... .crying...noodle rarely ever cried. Russell would do his best to move closer as he speaks in a worried fatherly tone. " Are you ok noodle?" noodle would move her head to the direction she heard russell from and nods forcing out. " m-murdoc was on the radio....he wished me h-happy birthday....him and 2-2d are near...w-we need to go find them r-russell." Russell was surprised to say the least....he would gently take the radio from where noodle was sitting and would do his best to turn it back on. You could hear the song dare fill the silent air. Noodle was definitely correct ... .the other two have to be close....russell would gently move the antenna on the radio trying to see where the clearest signal was coming from. He after figuring it out looks towards the direction ... .despite Russell being slightly tired ... .the two couldn't take a chance on losing track of 2d and murdoc again ... .russell looks to noodle gently picking her up and putting her on his head. " Let's go find them kiddo." Noodle nods as she packs up her stuff while Russell starts to walk though the rough waves. Noodle uses the picnic blanket she has to cover her head stopping herself from getting absolutely soaked. She was thrilled to know that...her family were finally going to be back together again.

multi-fandom oneshots ( mostly gorillaz and undertale)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें