forbidden love on the battlefield era!reaper x era!geno

( Hey my readers! Happy valatine's <3. I know this is a little early but i couldn't help myself! I also wanted to give a little heads up. I know my last oneshot was not undertale fandom related. I plan to do a couple more on this oneshot book . I know some of you won't like that but i don't feel the need to make another oneshot book so you all will have to deal with it. For now please enjoy this cute gay oneshot!)

       February 14th to Geno was just another day after decades of being in the military. Holidays were really no longer something that geno even acknowledged. He was currently at his station awake and making some coffee and a ration tin full of what was apparently supposed to be eggs and bacon but just looked like an unappetizing pile of yellow mush in a can. It was a cold day so Geno stayed as close as he could to the fire, keeping warm as the sun slowly rose over the military camp. Geno finally takes his coffee off the fire, taking a drink of the hot and rich boost of caffeine that he desired early in the day. It was bitter but Geno liked it that way. As he waited for his canned meal he munched on some crackers from the ration and ate an orange flavored candy that he had found in his uniform. Sure it wasn't a fantastic meal but in the battlefield anything was better than starving.

   Meanwhile in his own tent reaper was just now waking up. Despite being the general to thousands of troops he was quite lazy and enjoyed his sleep. It was a wonder how he got his job in this seemingly never ending war. He groans as he gets up stretching and letting out a yawn. He forces himself out of his bed as he gets in his civilian clothes. Despite geno just thinking it was simply another work day reaper had plans. Reaper puts on his cleanest navy blue long sleeve button up and dress pants , he covers his arms with his bomber jacket before sweeping his ecto-hair to the side of his skull. He can hear geno mumbling to himself about his duties today as he enjoys his coffee. Reaper grinned at his husband's adorable sleepy and yet serious mumbling. He grabs a card and a basic heart box of chocolates from his tent before quitely walking out humming a tune to himself. 

    Geno would notice the familiar humming right away. It was quite noticeable in the silent military base. Geno sighed looking over to reaper. " morning reaper-" Geno's train of thought was broken as he notices reaper's clothes. Geno looks up at reaper puzzled. " ...am I missing something? I know it isnt are anniversary.'' Reaper sighed with a chuckle enjoying his husband's confusion. " it's valentine's day geno.~ i want to spoil you today. " Reaper gives geno a light peck on his cheek bone making geno blush a faint tint of red. Geno was still completely puzzled as he looked at reaper. " But what about the other troops-" Reaper puts his finger gently on Geno's mouth, shushing the still quite confused soldier. " I sent them all on a day off, don't worry geno." Geno was surprised to say the least ... .before he can say more reaper quickly mentions. " Go put on your civilian clothes, geno. We're going out on a special date today. "Geno, still bewildered, simply nods to reaper , chugging down the rest of his coffee and putting out his camp fire. He leaves the tin of mushy and pretty tasteless military food out for the wild, knowing some animal will eat it.

   After a couple minutes geno comes back out. His long red ecto-hair down with his uniform hat still on his skull to keep the sun out of his eyes. He wore a black sweater under his camo jacket. He gently fixes the eye patch on his messed up eye as he walks over to where Reaper is. He sighed looking up at the slightly taller skeleton. " I hope I don't look too awful ... .I haven't been out of the camp in quite a while. "Reaper sighed with a loving smile to his husband as he gave Geno a peck on his mouth. "You look amazing geno. And don't you dare doubt it once.~ " geno would give a small smile to reaper's kind words and compliments. Despite acting like he hated reaper's compliments and flirts at times he truly did love his big ol dingbat of a husband and never regretted willingly marrying him.

   After a bit, reaper would teleport with geno in front of ccino's diner. Geno sighed looking at the diner.....glad that he hadn't eaten that much less appetizing ration now. Ccino was busy inside getting everything prepped for the day. He was quite a busy man. He truly had to be to own his diner. It was a shame that ccino never really left his diner though. Reaper opens the diner door looking at Geno with a cheeky wink. " lovely husband's first geno ~. '' Geno sighed, rolling his eyes with a quiet laugh as he walked into the cafe as reaper followed behind.

  Ccino notices reaper and geno smiling as they walk in. He doesn't remember the last time he saw the two together. Usually it was just reaper who normally was just here to have a coffee that wasn't the same ration coffee he normally drank on a daily basis. Ccino was dressed for the festivities. In his adorable pastel blue button up covered in cream colored hearts and in a cute coral pink heart and lacey apron. He quickly wanders over to the adorable and sappy couple letting out his welcoming and cheery voice. " Happy Valentine's Day you two! What can I get you two to drink today?" Reaper looks at geno as geno nods. " Just a black coffee for me. "Reaper nodded. "I'll have the same here." ccino nodded as he quickly wrote down the start of geno and reaper's order down. " alrighty i'll have that for you two in a moment!" ccino quickly walks off to go start making geno and reaper's coffee. 

   As ccino was off working reaper would grab the card and box of chocolates from his coat pockets placing them in front of geno. Geno sighed with a chuckle gently grabbing the two gifts. " you know that you didn't have to do any of this right reaper? I know where married but holidays aren't really a big thing for me now ." Reaper sighed with a smile. " I know I don't have to geno but I love you and we rarely get time together. That isn't just work ... .I want to be able to just....enjoy each other's company. " Geno sighed with an adorable flattered grin as he opened up the card. On the front it read " to my dearly beloved happy valentine's day." Geno opens the card, finding a little hand written note from reaper. " to the best husband in the whole multiverse. You are forever in my soul. I know that once we retire from the military that we will have decades together. I will be with you until both of us become old and pass. Even in the afterlife you will still be my true love. ~ reaper"

  You could see Geno's face light up a bit with a beautiful tint of red blush that reaper always adored to see. " So do you like it? I know it's kinda corny-" geno pauses reaper's words as geno gives him a peck on the mouth. Reaper quickly gives geno a kiss back. Geno sighed looking at reaper. " i love it reaper. '' Reaper smiled at Geno, glad to know that his beloved loved his gift that he definitely deserved. Ccino comes over with the two's coffee. Geno perked his head up, absolutely feeling his mouth water at the scent of a freshly made coffee that didn't just come out of a packet. As soon as ccino sits the coffees down geno quickly goes for his own drinking it like it was water from the fountain of youth. Reaper snickers at Geno's reaction, finding it adorable. Geno realizes what he did in front of ccino and blushes slightly embarrassed as he puts his coffee down gently using a napkin to wipe the coffee off his chin that had come out when he was taking his giant gulp. 

    Ccino forces himself to keep his composure despite finding Geno's reaction to the coffee hilarious. " Alrighty then what would you two like to eat? " Geno would glance at his menu......it all looked so good right now..... Civilian food was always better than anything that ever came out of a ration. " i'll take the full english breakfast plate please." ccino nodded before looking to reaper. " and I'll take the giant omelet. Extra ham and cheese please ccino." ccino nods, writing down the two's orders. " alrighty i'll be back in a moment with your food and extra coffee for you two!"

   After a long valentine's day reaper and geno finally made it back to camp. Reaper had bought the two some vodka to share. The two sat in reaper's tent drinking and in general just enjoying each other's company. After many shots , kisses, and romantic gestures the two had fallen asleep. Geno in reaper's arms being cradled in their sleep. The two had one of their best dates . Hopefully there will be many more to come.