The secret (age: 13)

(sequel to seeking out and getting hurt

chapter by:

My Wattpad account name:

My ao3 account now: Catthesadsoul 

Triggers warning in this chapter if needed: Low self esteem, vomit, injuries(blood))

My eyes glanced over the time, light was peering out from the curtains as I realised I had thirty minutes left before it was time for me to be awake for breakfast, I could feel a strong painful sensation in my stomach as I quietly cried out in pain. I needed to try to hide my pain as best as I could. I was glad my injuries were easy to hide since no one would question why I was wearing long sleeved clothes since it had snowed last night. There was a massive snow storm outside, the blood and sick buried completely at this point. I knew most likely the vomit and puddles of melted blood infused snow could risk my secret coming out. I knew I would have to either deal with it or lie about my innocence, I mean it would be hard to tell I was responsible for the mess... I looked over back at the time and snapped out of my trance as my heart started to beat crazily in my chest. Yet, it seemed worth all the risk for the amulet.

This was my only chance to get out of my pj's before anyone notices something was wrong, yet my body seemed frozen on the spot unable to move as the amulet clouded up my mind before I quickly snapped out of my trance again.

It was normal for me to wake up early on some days when I couldn't sleep properly or was too full of energy, I opened the doors of my closet as my left arm clutch to my stomach as I pulled out an small box hidden away, some painkillers I had stolen over the years, I grabbed some and swollen some of them before placing the box back into hiding. I looked at my clothing options as my hair messily hid my eyes. What's a warm outfit that I won't risk any bandages being found out about. I found a baggy deep velvet coloured jumper I could wear, it seemed similar in colour to the amulet I found in the cave, the same amulet has been clouding my mind since I first saw it, my eyes wander over to here I had hidden the amulet, it was hard resisting pulling it out, my body craved to feel it in my hands again, desired to feel the cold metal on my neck, watch as over time the metal of the amulet slowly stains my neck a copper green colour, my hand reached over to the amulet, my hands looking sickly and more uncoloured than the rest of my body, covered in bruises, dirt and dried up blood, I snapped out of my trance as I felt my body shake up with fear as I looked back at the amulet hiding place.

It seemed so magical and out of this world, it was one of my secrets, I wanted to learn everything about it for some reason but the other part of me was screaming at me to get rid of it. I couldn't make sense of what was happening, for starters I don't remember my hands getting hurt, I remember them being clean when I poorly cleaned up the wounds I had gotten on the rest of my body. I couldn't be bothered to properly clean them, it didn't matter if they got infected, it didn't matter how much pain I was in, no one could find out my secret. No matter how much it hurt me in the process, it would be worth it in the end,

I decided to wear some baggy black pants I had found, so I walked over to the bathroom and locked the door. My medium length h/c hair was an mess, Mother Gothel seemed very insistent I grew my hair out, my skin seemed slightly sickly in certain places as I began to brush my teeth, as I made plans on how to hide the redness in my eyes and dark circles, and too look less sickly. I finished brushing my teeth as I dropped my toothbrush as I clutched my stomach as I rushed over to the toilet before kneeling down and spilling out my guts once more. The pain from my wounds increased as I kept throwing up, some of it didn't even seem like something I had eaten, I blankly stared at the throw up, I could see my last night's dinner in it, the spider venom or poison and this strange substance that seemed to be moving around. I looked at my legs, my legs had also needed bandaging up but I had run out of bandages so my wounds were more exposed, I sighed as I looked away feeling sick the longer I looked. I knew those wounds would be getting infected, if I didn't keep an eye on them.