You wander off (age: 9)

Thank you @Cross0verAnen for suggesting this chapter.

The smell of freshly baked goods was in the air as you strolled through the market. Today you were going shopping with your aunts Ursula who was in her human form known as Venessa, as well as uncles Randall, and Gaston. You had begged to go along, since it had been a while since you had been outside the castle. They Eventually agreed, and sent Randall along to watch you wail Gaston and Venessa did the shopping.

You were with Venessa and Randall who were at the baker's stall. They were trying to decide what type to get for the week and how much. Though Randall was more trying to spend the money on cakes, while Venessa was trying to reason with him. You on the other hand, we're getting bored of walking the streets, that is till you saw some kids come running down.

"I'm gonna get there first." Called a young boy.

"No I am." Called a young girl.

"Wait up" called a small boy "I don't want to miss Clopin's show!" He cried as he rushed past you.

'Clopin's show?' You mind asked as you watch then run off. Curious, you wander away from your guardians as you follow them. They led you to a small open space nestled between buildings. In the middle sat a small colorful cart. Inside stood a man, he wore funny clothes similar to a jester. Maybe this was the Clopin the other kids were talking about.

"Good day my little friend!" He said from inside.

Kids began sitting in front of the cart. You sat down as well, wondering what the show he was going to do.

"What story should we tell today?" He asked.

"The one about the princess who Kissed the frog!"

"No, the one about the beast and the rose!"

"The one about the flying boy!"

"How's about the one about me!" Called a small little puppet.

"Not you!" The man then hit the small puppet with a stick which caused everyone to laugh, even you.

"I know, what about the bell ringer?" The man suggested

"Yes, the bell ringer!" the group of children cried.

'The bell ringer, I wonder who that is?' You think and listen to his tale.

"You know those bells don't ring all by themselves."

"They don't?" Asked the puppet.

"No you silly boy. Up there high in the dark bell tower lives the mysterious bell ringer." He gestures to the great Notre Dame.

Your mind then clicked. Maybe this story was about your uncle Claude.

"Who is the creature?" Clopin asked

"Who?" The puppet asked

"What is he?"

"What?"

"How did he come to be there?"

"How?"

"Hush, clopin will tell you. It is a tale, a tale of a man and a monster."

(villains pov)

Venessa was picking some baked goods from the stall. She had just finished picking out the different breads for the week when Gaston had come back from picking up the meat from the butcher.

"Alright I'm back with the-" he paused when he noticed you were gone "where's y/n?"

"Why she's right-" Venessa stopped when she also noticed "Randall where did she go?"

"How am I supposed to know, I was trying to buy cakes."

"Correction, I was trying to buy bread and you were supposed to be looking after her!" Venessa shouted.

"Actually we were supposed to be watching her together!" Randall retaliated.

"Oh really, cause from what I remember you weren't invited on this outing till she asked!" They bickered for a few minutes till Gaston burged in.

"Both of you please stop this!" Gaston said. " she could be anywhere by now, maybe even kidnaped." He then turned to Randal "Randall you and I are gonna split up to find her. Ursula, you finish shopping and wait here in case she returns."

"Fine." Randall rolled his eyes and groaned as he went into his camouflage to maneuver around the better. Because of his monster powers, he could stick to walls and climb them. So to not cuas suasion he camouflaged himself and claimed the walls to get a better view of the city. Eventually he found you in the small square talking with clopin. He crawled down and listened for a bit.

(You pov)

"That was amazing mr clopin, but where did you learn that story?" You ask.

"My dear, I learn these stories from my friends and the world around me." He then gave you a puzzled look "I don't believe I've ever seen you around her before. Are you new?"

You shake your head "no, I just don't come out much. I live in the castle on the forbidden mount with my aunts and uncles."

Clopin looked at you with surprise "you what?"

"Y/n." Randal called before you could say anything else.

You turn to see randall. You were probably in trouble for running away.

"I'm sorry but I need to go. I hope to hear another story sometime." You say before leaving.

"So the rumors are true, I wonder who else knows" he mumbles.

You head over to Randall, your head lowers.

"So this is where you went off to." He said, grabbing your hand.

"I'm sorry, it's just the other kids who listen to his story's. One was about uncle Facilier, another about uncle hook, this one was about uncle claude! It was cool the way he told it, since it was through puppets."

"You probably don't want to tell Frollo this." Randal said as he looked down at you .

"Why?" You question.

"He is not a big fan of their kind." He said, trying to be nice.

You raise a brow, what could be so wrong with a man in funny clothes telling stories.

"Do you know why that man was dressed funny?"

You shake your head no.

Randal sighed "It's because he's a gypsy."

"Oh, but I thought you guys said you made up with your enemy's."

"Most of us, but some of us still hold a grudge against them, like they hold a grudge against us."

You sigh and nod as Randall leads you back to the food stall. As punishment for running off, you and Randall head back off to the castle and you remains inside all day.

Authors note: 2/14/22
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!
I would like to thank again @Cross0verAnen for the inspiration for this chapter. It was very fun to write. I originally was gonna do a Halloween type chapter where y/n goes trick or treating and separates but I think this worked out better. I know it's a bit bland and predictable having you meet Clopin. But it worked, just maybe Randall shouldn't watch you anymore. Maybe you'll meet Clopin again some day. If you guys got ideas, please put them in the suggestions chapter at the end of the book!
As always thanks for reading and I'll see y'all in the next update!