Bedtime (age: 3)

You were currently sitting in your nightgown watching pengu while drinking warm milk. Since you were ready early, Gothel had let you watch one episode of a show as you drank some warm milk to help you sleep. You had finished up an episode and we're about to start the next one when your uncle Ernesto came into the room. You didn't notice him until the tv turned off.

"Alright y/n, bed time" Ernesto said as he picked you up.

Now that you have moved into your own room. Each villain rotated putting you to sleep. Tonight it was Ernesto de la Cruz's turn.

"Not tired" you say before yawning.

"But you are my little muchacha. But I've got a surprise upstairs." He says.

"Surprise?" You ask with excitement.

He moods as you both make your way to your room. In your room you noticed something different. There was a strange musical instrument that you had heard him play several times.

He layed you in bed, pulling the covers over your small body. He then sat on the edge and pulled the instrument onto his lap.

"What's that?" You ask sitting up.

"It's my guitar." He then began to fiddle with it.

"What are you doing?"

"Tuning it a bit."

"Why?"

"Cause I'm gonna sing you a lullaby tonight." He chuckled as he finished up tuning his guitar. "You know, this song I'm going to play was my best selling song once my best friend passed. Intill that boy turned our world against me." Except he mumbled the last part.

"It was?" You ask with curiosity.

He nodded "indeed, and now it is your turn to hear it. But if you want to, then you need to lay down ok?"

You quickly shuffle your body back under the covers.

"You remember what I told you right?"

"S..size your moment"

He chuckled at your wrong response "Seize your moment, which is how I became so popular. Now are you ready to listen muchacha?"

You nodded as you rested your head in your pillow.

Ernesto cleared his throat before stumping a few cords on his guitar. "Remember me, though I have to say goodbye." He sang softly as you listened "Remember me, don't let it make you cry. For even if I'm far away, I hold you in my heart." He leans in on you as whispered "I sing this secret song to you each night we are apart. Remember me, though I have to travel far. Remember me, each time you hear a sad guitar."

You smiled and yawned as he began to stand up.

"Know that I'm with you the only way that I can be."

Slowly you closed your eyes and began to drift off.

"Until you're in my arms again, remember me!" He stopedstruming his guitar and smiled "goodnight my little muchacha." He then flipped the light switch off and exited your room.

Authors note: 2/16/23
Apologies for the short chapter, it's literally something I just had an idea for and jotted down for fun. But it was  very enjoyable to write for Ernesto, having him sing you lullaby, how sweet. And if you don't know what pengu is, go look it up on YouTube. It was my favorite show when I was 1-3 years old and it still gives me a good laugh when I wish to remember my childhood.
As always, I'm more then Wellcome to suggestion so please keep them Comeing!
Anyways I'll see you all next update!