sneaking out and getting hurt (age:13)

chapter presented by @Catthesadsoul (wish to contribute, then join the discord, all you have to do is ask for the code and not be mean)Triggers warning in this chapter if needed: blood, vomit, mentions of past of kidnapping, low self esteem

Chatter filled the cold dense air, my eyes glanced over to the door. I shouldn't be awake, it was way past my bedtime. No matter how long I spent tossing and turning in my bed, sleep seemed like a distant memory right now. With a small and quiet movement I stood up, making sure not to make too much sound to alert the other residents of the castle. My feet touched the cold hard surface of my bedroom's floor, the only source of light from the moon outside the safety of the castle's wall.

Nights like these were the worst, I could clearly hear the residents' unsavoury opinions of me, only a few seeming to like me, they all seem to have come with the conclusion I was a selfish brat and more....

Even with the thick walls of my room, every sound seemed to slip into it as if the walls were made of thin sheets of paper, I should be used to this after all most of the, had developed their idea of who I was as an person when I was around 1 or 2 it was hard to tell. I needed some fresh air, though I'm not allowed to leave my room at night time if it wasn't to go to the bathroom, though sneaking at once to escape for an bit isn't going to hurt anyone if no one finds out, I'll be out and back in before anyone notices I'm gone.

I have some time before I can sneak out, I should get changed out of my pj's won't be enough to keep me warm, it might be snowing soon since the weather's been really cold recently but I can't get my hopes up, it's never a good idea...

I looked through my closet, finding some suitable clothes for the cold air, I needed some clothes that make it easier to hide away, I let out an quiet groan as I realised most of my clothes seemed more childish the older I grew up, it wasn't like I wasn't grateful for the clothes it's just that none of the clothes are the clothes I've picked out for myself the only decent clothes I have were from aunt cruella. Maybe it was time to ask for some new clothes, though that's a problem for future me. I changed into a plain black crop top, some warm jeans and a black oversized hoodie. I placed my secret black boots on since they were the comfy ones with the heels on.

The chatter had died on by now, now was my chance to sneak out, I could feel my heart already racing in my chest as I slowly opened my door to my room as I make sure not to make an sound, an part of me wanted to turn back and stay in my room but the rest of me wanted some time out of the castle, it's not like I'm running away, last time I tried to do I didn't plan enough, I was to careless that's why I ended up being kidnapped, the only person I've to blame is myself for that. This time for this small trip outside I'll be more careful.

The halls seem less friendly at night when I wasn't supposed to be roaming them, well most of the time it seemed most of the residents would prefer if I stayed out of sight and mind. I had soon made it to the back door, it had been left unlocked by accident, I quickly opened it and walked out of the castle before carefully closing the door behind me. A small clicking sound filled the tense air, it was really cold. I carefully noted to be back before sunrise or during sunrise I made my way down the pavement, the sounds of my heels clicking against the pavement as the moonlight lit up my way forward, into the woods somewhere safe from prying eyes. I could feel my body shake from the cold but that wasn't stopping me, it felt like something was calling me deeper into the woods, it seemed like my legs were moving on their own.