Bad dreams (age: 4)

It was a dark and stormy night at the castle. You laid in an adorable purple onesie sleeping with your teddy bear.

All of a sudden you woke up with a joule. Your heart races as sweat crawls down your face. You had a horrible dream and this storm wasn't helping. You look at the bear next to you, Mr. Cuddles. You pull him close and whisper "you scared to?"

You hear him in your head responding with yes.

You pull him into a hug "it's ok, I'm here."

*bang* a loud crack of thunder and bolt of lightning hit the ground. You squeeze Mr. Cuddles as you hide under the covers.

"Maybe I should go see aunty, you know to make sure she's safe." You said poking your head out.

You clime out of bed and place Mr. Cuddles on the bed "you stay and guard the room."

You then headed for the door and left your room. Thankfully your main caretaker, Gothel, was right next door to your room. You tiptoed along, making sure not to wake anyone. You quietly grab the doorknob and turn it, opening the door to find the room completely dark. You slowly creep into the room gliding your hand along the wall trying to find the bed. Once you did you grabbed the covers.

'Maybe I can stay here just for tonight. Besides Mr. Cuddles is guarding the room and he's a brave bear.' You thought as you pulled the covers back and climbed in. Once settled you pull the blankets back up, that's when you hear her.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" She ask in a tired voice.

You jump at the noise only to realize it was just Aunty Gothel "I needed to make sure you didn't turn evil."

Gothel eyes opened slightly hearing your words. she got into a sitting position "you what?"

You wrap your small arms around her. "I had a dream ware you all turned evil again and I was taken away from you." You bury your head into her red nightgown "please don't be evil again."

Gothel merly smiles as she wraps her arms around you "My dear, you don't need to worry about that. It was just a dream and we would never do anything that would get you taken away from us." You placed a kiss on your forehead.

"Promise?" You ask looking up at her.

"I promise."

*crash* another bolt of lighting hit the ground making you jump and shake a bit. You grab on to her tighter.

"Don't tell me you're afraid of the storm too?"

You nod your head.

Gothel sighed in defeat, there was no way she was gonna get this child to sleep in her own.

'Once she's asleep, I'll just put her back in her own bed.' She thought.

"Alright, just for tonight you can sleep in here."

"Oh thank you aunty!" You squeal and you lay back down. Gothel grabs the blankets and pulls them over you both.

It wasn't long before you fell asleep and gothel took you back to your room. She placed you back in your bed, adding Mr. Cuddles under your arm. You let out a small smile wich makes her smile in return. She placed one more kiss on your head whispering "goodnight my little sunflower." Before leaving.

Authors note: 3/17/23
Hay everyone, sorry it's a small chapter but I thought it was cute. I'm sorry I haven't worked on this book in a while, I've been busy dealing with mental and physical health problems. No worry's I'm fine, I just need to change my routine a bit. You all know I only update this periodically but if anyone out there reads my other books that usually have a schedule everything is changing to periodic updates so I can take care of myself, and give you guys the best quality chapters.
Thanks you everyone for supporting my books, you guys are what keeps me going!
You all know the drill, feedback and ideas are both appreciated. Goober out!