Chapter 16

After another successful victory against the army of demons and destroying another stone corpse, the warriors celebrated their moment of victory as they headed back to their base camp.

Over the past five years were the toughest for the Warriors as they all struggled to fight against the rising Demon Army. Even after settling into their base and having the readiness to ward off the monsters, they were surprised that their adversaries were not only stronger but bigger than their original forms.

Many suffered the first year into the war as the Royal Guards, the Pendragons, and the Volands fought in the front lines, gaining experience from previous missions and adapting to their current situation. Lucien Pendragon leads the warriors to victory with his brother Luminous and Clarissa as the army's main battle strategist.

Clarissa led the training of all the Commanders in each family house to get the warriors used to the methods she used with the Pendragons. Safe to say that it's effectively painful as they were still alive and had enough energy to raise their voices in complaint. Lucien was very entertained and concerned when watching the training with his brother.

With the training being adapted to the fight, the warriors were able to counter the monsters' attacks and managed to push through with the warriors fighting in the frontlines. Through this, they were able to find another stone corpse and destroy it.

However, because of the war that has taken place on the open fields, parts of the land had been destroyed and nature could not strive. The remains of the dead lingered on the battlegrounds like a lifeless land, and the air was nothing but the stench of blood.

The Campaign dealt with the situation for three years into the war, creating progress as they pushed through with the fights. Eventually, they came up with a solution to restore small parts of the land that had been plagued with the war's aftermath. Although the solution is rather draining, Paladins with an abundance of magic can restore the lands in small parts.

This solution was made by Apollo and Virgil. Upon receiving information from the war, they've managed to find a way to restore the land with their own magic. The Demon Realm only rose and grew stronger when the land was tainted with blood, body remains, and the aftermath of the battlefield. When restoring the land with their magic that is in line with the Elemental Spirits of Water and Earth, the Demon army's strength would lessen.

The next two years became the greatest achievement of the Campaign, finding several more of the stone corpses and getting closer to their target. The location of the Demon King. The monsters that came after the warriors are all the beasts recorded in their history and unseen in their daily missions. Thus, Luminous and Clarissa took the lead in fighting in the front lines with the other Dragon Riders, including the Royal guards, having Lucien and the rest of the warriors deal with the fight on the ground.

For the past five years with the second Demon War, everyone was getting closer to ending the Demon King and wiping his existence forever.

"Good job everyone! Another great victory." Lucien said to the men who cheered in their moment of victory. "Lumen, Clarissa, come with me for a minute." He said, gesturing for the couple to follow him into the larger tent.

"It's probably about the location where that Damn King is hiding." Clarissa said to the man next to her,

"It's possible." Luminous said as he looked at his rider, "We're treading dangerous waters now, and considering the number of demon creatures we've been facing during the war, it's likely the Demon King is slowly losing his army."

"Not to mention the seven stone corpses we found over the years that strengthen the everyday monsters are now destroyed." She said before crossing her arms, "I just hope we can wrap this hell war up and go home already."