Chapter 5

The very next day, Luminous officially announced to the warriors of Clarissa's position in their ranks. Most were shocked, and few accepted that considering their Commander's position, it is expected that his rider has a higher position. What they expected less was whether a woman who recently graduated from the Academy and became a warrior, is even able to lead, given how young she is. They doubted her ability, especially since she was born a commoner.

When the squad was assigned to Clarissa, they either grumbled or expected more. Once all were assigned to their task, Luminous gave Clarissa the heads up on meeting the head of the family within a week.

Needless to say, Clarissa was fuming with pressure that she wanted to beat up her Dragonborn for not mentioning it yesterday, on top of assigning a useless squad in her eyes. Of course, she gave him a well-deserved smack to the head, calling him an idiot, and said farewell with courtesy before leaving on her merry way.

Luminous, on the other hand, expected as much but didn't expect the brute force that was given to him by his rider, despite her small stature. He mentally prayed for the warriors' lives he assigned to her.

"All right, gentlemen. Let's start off with a training regimen to boost your power level higher than your current state." Clarissa said with much authority. "You may look down on me, mock me all you want. Just show me your skills and I'll be the one to judge if you're truly worthy of being in the Pendragon Warriors."

"And who are you to say that you commoner?" One of the knights said,

"I don't care about your status, rank, or reputation, sir. All I care about is the merit you give in participating in fights." She said in the same tone. Thinking about the training strategy she pulled all night just to receive doubtful thoughts, she was definitely not going to let her efforts go to waste. "Rest assured, I'm not easy to deal with. Now..." Clarissa then unsheathed her sword, powering the blade with magic. She gave a playful yet cunning smile as her eyes narrowed to them.

"Let me give you boys a real hard yet memorable lesson. Anyone care for a little spar with a lady?" She challenged them.

A Few Hours Later

"Oh my." Alexandra said with an enthusiastic smile on her lips. Looking through her binoculars as she observed the training ground where Clarissa and her new squad were present, she couldn't help but feel happy at the sight before her.

"Is something amusing you, mother?" Luminous said, getting a bad feeling just by looking at her face,

They were discussing what transpired during the estate tour yesterday, about Clarissa being a personal bodyguard, as well as sparring with the knights and paladins upon his mother's insistence. Alexandra Pendragon was practically singing and praising Clarissa's greatness as she entered her son's office, causing him to feel a little concerned.

"Oh, Clarissa is such a dear, Luminous." Alexandra said to her son, not him a single glance. "She really knows how to put those men in their place."

Luminous continued to mentally pray for the warriors' lives in the hands of Clarissa. He just received the results of her information from the academy and during the graduation tests. He was surprised that her level of power was next to his, despite him practically being her senior. What's more, her abilities in magic were extraordinarily high, going along with her physical attributes.

'That explains her strength. She's already become so formidable at such a young age.' He thought, not knowing how to deal with his rider. He was thankful to have her as an ally rather than an enemy. 'I should've probably given her a squad up to her standard in power. This might've been too hard on her to raise their power level in a short amount of time.' He was starting to regret his decision but knew there was no backing out.