Chapter 4

Luminous sat in his office as he did some paperwork, both in his job as a Commander and as part of the Pendragon Household. Although his body is busy working, his mind is mainly on his rider. More specifically, concerned about what his mother would do to Clarissa while having the tour. Looking back, it has been a while since he has seen his mother act so lively.

Alexandra was born as a middle-class noble and the youngest of three siblings. She was an illegitimate child and was constantly abused by her half-older twin siblings. She had greater dragon power than the twins, making them hate her more. Entering the Knights course in the academy and living in their dormitory for most of her years, became her safe haven, allowing her to spread her wings and control her power that had been suppressed. Graduating from the academy and entering the battlefield was freedom for Alexandra. Over time she became one of the greatest female Dragonborn warriors.

The battlefield is where she met her husband and fell in love. Despite being the Third wife, Alexandra was the only one out of the three wives, who wasn't arranged or forced into marriage, but was married out of love for her husband of his own free will.

A ringtone echoed in the office, having Luminous glanced at his phone on the table. Seeing the name on the screen, he had no choice but to accept the call.

"Hello, is there anything you need, Lord Drake?" Luminous said, his voice devoid of emotion.

"I heard the news that you have a woman as your rider, Luminous." Lord Drake said through the call with a light chuckle. "I must admit, I'm surprised that you decided to want one. Actually, I'm quite impressed by her achievements in the Academy. I see that she's like you in ways more than one when it comes to being a warrior."

"My Rider isn't anything like me." Luminous said, feeling frustrated,

A silent pause prolonged for a second before Drake sighed. "Son, I know you're anger towards me is unforgivable due to my ignorance, however, I'm willing to mend the riff between us. I just want to get to know my youngest son, all over again." He spoke in apology with sincerity.

"I'm no longer a child that needs to be looked after." Luminous said with bitterness in his tone, "I've made my decision to serve our family and the empire, and I have done so since I was a child without my , without a single complaint." He was taking deep breaths to calm his nerves. "Is there anything else that you would like to discuss with me, Lord Drake?" He asked, addressing his father's name in a cold tone. Golden eyes glare at the family frame, where his father is positioned in the picture.

Drake gave a heavy sigh. "Luminous, treat Ms. Romana well." He said, surprising his son as he was at a loss for words. "Out of every woman I've seen you've encountered, she's the only one who can deal with your attitude, and you're much more patient with her than with me. I'll personally be visiting in a week to meet her in person, as well as check on how you are faring with Alex and Solana. Take care, son. You've made me and your brothers proud over the years." He then hung up the call on his side, leaving Luminous frustrated about what he was feeling towards his father.

"Damn it!" Luminous slammed his fist onto the table, causing it to crack and the papers to fly off from the force. "Just when I was ready to accept it..." He lamented quietly with a hint of regret. Although he respects Drake as the head of the family, it's still hard to acknowledge him as his father.

A knock on the door snapped him out of his thoughts.

"Who is it?" He asked out loud as he got up and picked up the papers that fell from his desk.