18

Jungkook was woken up by a gentle shake on his shoulder. He had no idea how long he had been asleep, but a glance beside him showed that Y/N was still asleep in Yoongi's arms, but he was awake.

"Kookie, the little one is crying. I think he's hungry, please go get him."

Jungkook rubbed the sleep from his eyes and nodded before getting up to get the loudly protesting baby out of his crib. Chiwon kicked excitedly, visibly unhappy with the general situation, but once he had him in his arms, he calmed down and looked at him curiously.

As a proud father, he couldn't resist giving the little one lots of kisses on the head as he carried him to the bedroom.

Once there, he sat down on the bed and looked at Yoongi indecisively.

"Should we wake her up?"

"No, she needs her sleep. She doesn't need to be awake to breastfeed." Yoongi replied quietly, to which Jungkook gave him a confused look.

"How is that supposed to work? Don't we have to undress her a bit?" he asked the older man, visibly irritated.

"As long as he doesn't like his milk filtered through his shirt, yes." Yoongi said with a grin and a queasy feeling spread through Jungkook's stomach. He hoped that Yoongi wasn't planning to expose her breast.

"Give me the little one, I'll hold him so he can drink." Yoongi demanded as he held out his free arm to Chiwon. Jungkook carefully placed the baby in his arms, his head on the crook of his arm so that Yoongi's hand was still free.

However, when he wanted to use his free hand to pull up Y/N's shirt, he drew in a sharp breath.

"I don't think you should do that... Can't we give him porridge instead?" he asked haltingly. He didn't want Yoongi to see her like that, and he certainly didn't want him to half undress her as well.

"Kookie, your child is hungry, he's still far too small for porridge, we have no other choice." Yoongi said, slightly annoyed.

Jungkook swallowed, his gaze going back and forth from Yoongi's hand to the still covered breast before he made a decision and nodded.

"Fine, but then I'll do it. After all, I've seen her breast before." he told Yoongi, who grinned at him unexpectedly.

"Once? Then maybe I should do it, because I've seen her several times before... And I've also helped her breastfeed before. I'm an expert in this field, so to speak." he said proudly, at which Jungkook's determined expression fell.

With his mouth open, he watched as the older man uninhibitedly pushed up his shirt, pushed the little one in front of him and held his head. Jungkook was shocked by the statement and by the matter-of-factness with which Yoongi treated mother and child. The whole scene seemed so familiar, how close were they actually?

Did he have to see Yoongi as a rival now? Would he really do that to him? Jungkook looked at the three of them, who seemed like a family, and suddenly felt like a fifth wheel.

Yoongi

Jungkook looked hurt and Yoongi felt guilty, but he had to act. Chiwon had impatiently started crying again, almost waking his mother. The younger boy had hesitated the whole time, which was why he had simply taken matters into his own hands.

He felt kind of sorry for Kookie, because he was supposed to be the one to get closer to her, but even though Yoongi knew that, he realized how everything inside him was resisting. He wanted to be the one to hold her, care for her and look after her. She awakened something in him that he thought had long been lost. Yoongi knew it was wrong that he had to leave that spot to Jungkook, but it was hard.

He had to try to just be a friend to her, to support the three of them, to help Jungkook have his family. In the process, he would be the one to suffer because he had realized earlier that he had fallen head over heels in love with her. When Jungkook said he would undress her and there was no way Yoongi could let that happen, he had realized it.

But he had to suppress it, he couldn't be that selfish. For Kookie, he had to pull himself together... he wouldn't have the heart to hurt his little maknae like that. He quickly looked in the other direction so that Jungkook wouldn't see him frantically blinking away a tear.