11

With red cheeks, I quickly fled to my room to get dressed. When the door closed behind me, I sighed with relief. Man, that had been embarrassing, especially since he had checked me out instead of looking away right away, tzz.

Once I was dressed, I went into the kitchen, where Yoongi had already set the table and was waiting for me. I sat down silently, not daring to look him in the eye. I wasn't necessarily shy, but the way he looked at me made me a little embarrassed.

He loaded my plate with eggs, bacon and tomato salad and I smiled briefly in his direction, thanking him.

"Hobi will probably be right outside the door, he'll be your helper today, but don't think you'll get any work done, he'll probably demand more of your attention than Chiwon," Yoongi warned me with a grin.

He had probably decided that pretending nothing had happened was the best option. It was fine with me, I've always been good at ignoring unpleasant topics.

"It doesn't matter, the store is closed today and tomorrow anyway and I'm not working. I'll have time then. I don't really need any help today," I said, waving my hand, but Yoongi shook his head.

"Hobi is already enjoying his time with you too much, you won't be getting rid of him any time soon."

"I also have a guilty conscience that you're all sacrificing your free time for us," I explained quietly.

"Hey, we're doing this voluntarily and we're all happy to spend time with Kookie's son and be cool uncles to him. You're not asking anything of us." smiling, he patted my hand as the doorbell rang.

"Go ahead and eat, I'll open it for him." he said before getting up and walking to the door.

"Oh, I'm just in time for breakfast." Hobi said happily moments later as he entered the kitchen and sat down at the table.

"Good morning, Hobi," I greeted him, chewing and looking at him reprovingly as he grinned and stole a piece of bacon and shoved it into his mouth.

"Help yourself," I instructed him and he did.

"So, what are we going to do today?" he asked, motivated.

"We could take the little one to the park, get some fresh air and go for a walk," I suggested just as Yoongi rejoined us and continued eating.

"I'd come with you too, I don't have any plans for today. Of course, only if you take me with you." He looked at us questioningly and I nodded. After all, he had sacrificed his whole day yesterday, so I couldn't exclude him just because we had an embarrassing moment.

"Okay, I'll go and breastfeed Chiwon and get him dressed, then we can go," I said after I'd finished eating and left the two who hadn't finished in the kitchen.

After I had finished dressing the little one, I tied him in a sling on my back and went back to the two boys.

"Oh hello, you little bunny." Hobi greeted the little one, whose head was resting on my right shoulder and who immediately started giggling when he saw Hobi's beaming smile.

"You're so cute... I'm sure you got that from your mommy. Okay, from your dad too, but he's not as cute as you two," Hobi told the smiling baby, his voice set to cute and I shook my head, smiling sheepishly.

"Then when you're done flirting, we can go," Yoongi said, rolling his eyes and grabbing the diaper bag I had already prepared.

We walked to the park in silence, but in the park Hobi and I started talking animatedly about babies. He talked about his niece and all the things she could already do and how cute little girls were. Of course he thought Chiwon was cute too, but he said girls were just prettier to dress.

"Do you actually want more children?" he asked, looking at me curiously.

"Eventually, but it will be difficult." I replied a little sadly and he looked surprised.

"Why is that?"

"Well, I'm a single mother in South Korea... Not exactly what people are looking for as a partner here. With a child, you're often only lucky enough to find a widower or divorcee with children. They are often not looking for love, but for a new mother for their children. But that's not how I imagined my life, so I'd rather stay alone," I explained, looking at Hobi's dismayed face.

"So no, that's not how it works... if it doesn't work out with you and Kookie, then I'll just marry you," he decided and smiled warmly at me, which made me smile. His smile was just too infectious.

"I don't think she'd prefer a pity marriage, Hobi." Yoongi grumbled.

"Why pity? Look at her, she's pretty, kind, hardworking and can have beautiful, happy children. She would be the perfect wife for me," Hobi defended himself and I blushed at all the compliments.

"That's really nice of you, but I'll only marry for love, not because I happen to be perfect for someone." I ended the discussion, but smiled gratefully at Hobi. And even though he seemed to have a tendency to exaggerate, I really liked him and his warm manner. I didn't have to marry him straight away, but I was sure that we would become good friends.

"It doesn't matter, but don't spoil Kookie's chance of having his own little family. Let them find out where they stand before you interfere," Yoongi warned and Hobi laughingly put an arm around his best friend.

"Don't always take everything so seriously, Yoongi. You'd think it was about your girlfriend and not Kookie's..."

"Um... I'm not anyone's girlfriend, not even Kookie's." I remarked.

We spent the rest of the walk talking about harmless things and this time Yoongi joined in. We got something to eat at a stall and ate it on a park bench before we went back to my place, as Chiwon was starting to get cranky because he was hungry too.

At home, I nursed him again and then put him down for his afternoon nap, full and freshly changed.

Yoongi and Hobi had tidied up the kitchen in the meantime and were waiting for me in the living room.

"Shall we watch a movie?" Hobi asked and I nodded.

"Can I choose?" Yoongi asked with a grin and Hobi and I answered at the same time.

"No!"

"Sure."

I looked at Hobi questioningly.

"If he picks, it'll be 100% a horror movie." Hobi explained, half whining.

"It doesn't matter. I like horror movies, I'm just very jumpy, so don't be scared if I suddenly jump up," I explained with a laugh and Yoongi nodded with a grin before starting "The Nun".

Hobi seemed pretty scared and I had to hold his hand for the whole movie, plus we jumped in sync during jumpscares, which always made Yoongi laugh. Except for one time when I landed half on his lap.

He held me for a moment as I almost fell on the floor. He looked at me to check that everything was okay, then let go so that I could sit down again, but he slid closer to me and stroked my arm in nerve-wracking parts.

I liked the reassuring touches and at some point I fell asleep with my head on Yoongi's shoulder, no longer seeing Hobi give Yoongi a strange look, but he just grinned cheekily back at me.