Page 27

*It seemed like time was standing still as we stood there, our minds racing with thoughts of what we might find at the top of the tower. My heart was racing in my chest, and I could feel my palms begin to sweat as I looked up at the tower. Just as I was about to take a step forward, I heard a noise that sent a chill down my spine.*

*The sound was coming from somewhere in the woods, and just as I turned to look, I realized that it was getting closer. I couldn't see who it was, but I could feel that it was looking directly at us.

*Just as the noise drew closer, I felt my entire body shake. I took a deep breath, and then I looked over at Sam, who had heard the sound as well. His eyes met mine, and just as I opened my mouth to say something, he put his finger to his lips.*
*We were both quiet, and for a moment, I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. Just as the noise grew louder, I felt myself take a step back, but Sam put his hand out to stop me.

*As the noise grew louder and louder, I felt my eyes widen and my heart start to thump in my chest. I could see Sam's eyes doing the same thing, and for a moment, we just stood there, listening to the sound. Just as the noise grew even louder, I heard Sam take a deep breath, and then, he said something that I will never forget.*

*"Stay calm," he whispered, his voice low but confident. "whatever it is, we'll handle it together."*

*Just then, the beast emerged from the woods behind us.

*The beast was huge, its legs and paws thicker than the tall trees around us. Its face filled me with fear, but just as the fear began to grip me, I heard Sam's voice again.*

*"We can handle this," he whispered, his voice filled with a quiet determination.*

*And just as his words sank in, I felt my own courage start to rise. I wouldn't back down from this challenge, and I wouldn't let this beast take our chance for an adventure away from us.* *As we stood there, face-to-face with the beast, I felt my heart begin to pound in my chest. I could feel the fear, but I tried to push it back. I looked over at Sam, whose face was now filled with a calm confidence. Just as the beast let out a loud roar, Sam raised his hand.*

*Immediately, the beast stopped, and I could see its face change as it watched us. It seemed curious, as if it was trying to understand us. And just as I took a step forward, I felt our journey truly begin.*