Page 21

*But I don't understand, I... I don't know where this is. I don't know what this is."*

*Sam's voice was filled with confusion, and now, he took a small step towards the figure again. He looked at the figure once more, and now he seemed to be studying it carefully.*

*"What... what do you mean, this is my reality? It doesn't make any sense, I know that it's not real."

*"But yet, it is your reality," the figure said in response, its voice calm and soothing. "It may not be the reality you are used to, but this is what your mind has conjured up. It is what your mind has created to help you cope."*

*"No... no, no, no," Sam said, his voice now filled with panic. "You don't understand, this isn't real."*

*"It is real, to you," the figure said in response. "It may not make sense, but this is your reality now."

*Sam stood there, his eyes locked onto the figure. What was he supposed to do now? The words that the figure had spoken made sense, but he still couldn't accept that this was his reality.*

*"I can't do this," he said, his voice filled with doubt. "I can't live in this reality. I don't understand it, I don't understand anything."*

*"But you can," the figure said in response. "You just have to accept it, and then things will begin to make sense."

*Sam was quiet for a moment, his eyes locked onto the figure. His expression was filled with confusion and doubt, but now, he began to look at the figure with curiousity. Maybe this figure was right, maybe he could make things make sense. And what was he supposed to do otherwise?*

*"I'll try," he finally said, and his eyes met the figure's gaze again. "Can... can you help me understand?"

*The figure seemed to pause, its expression turning thoughtful again as it seemed to consider Sam's question.*

*"I can help you make sense of this reality, yes. But in order to do that, you must first accept that this is your reality now."*

*Sam hesitated for a moment, but he finally nodded. He had nowhere left to go, and if this was his reality, he needed to know how to handle it.*

*"Yes, okay," his voice was quiet, but it was filled with determination. "I accept that this is my reality now."

*The figure nodded, as if satisfied with Sam's response. And as it did so, its presence seemed to fill the room with a sense of calm and peace. Sam could feel himself slowly calming down, his tension slowly fading and now, it seemed like everything was going to be okay.*

"Yes, good," the figure spoke up. "Now, we can begin. But first, let me ask you a question."

*"What... what is it?"*

*"What is your greatest fear?"*

*Sam hesitated for a moment, his eyes scanning the figure before him. And then, he finally spoke, his voice filled with uncertainty.*

*"What... do you mean?"*

*The figure tilted its head, its expression turning thoughtful as it spoke.*

*"What do I mean? Your greatest fear. What in life do you fear the most?"