Page 18

*I watched as Sam took a deep breath, his eyes now filled with determination. Something about his attitude had changed, and now he seemed confident in his belief.*

*"I know it's real," he said, his voice filled with certainty. "The feelings I have... they're real."*

*Then, Sam turned to the figure, his expression now one of determination.*

*"I don't care what you say, this is my reality now. And I'm not letting go of that."

*As I stared at the scene in front of me, I tried to make sense of what was happening. Sam seemed to have come to terms with the fact that this wasn't real, and yet at the same time, he was adamant in believing that this was his reality.*

*Of course, I knew the truth. This was not his reality, it was a product of his mind creating an imaginary world. And yet, I couldn't blame him for wanting to hold onto it, especially if it meant escaping this world of pain and misery.*

*The more I thought about it, the less sense it made. How could he just accept this as his reality? It didn't make sense, and now I was trying to comprehend why he believed it so firmly.*

*But then, it hit me. In the midst of his mental break, maybe this was just another way to cope with the pain. Maybe this was how he managed to escape reality, and the fact that he could still feel in this world was more important to him than knowing that it wasn't real.*

*Sam was quiet for a moment, his eyes filled with determination as he stepped forward towards the figure again. He was about to speak up again, when he suddenly stopped himself and turned to look back at me.*

*"Jake?"*

*I turned to look back at him, my face filled with surprise as I saw his expression shift back to one of confusion and doubt. He knew that this wasn't real, and yet his face was now filled with doubt and uncertainty.*

*"What... what's happening?"

*I looked at Sam for a moment, unable to respond. I had no idea what was happening, and now I was just as confused as Sam. What was happening?*

*Sam looked back at the figure, his eyes filled with a sense of desperation as he tried to find answers. The figure simply stood in front of him, its expression serious as it stared. A sense of tension filled the air, and I could feel the silence around me.*

*"Can anyone hear me?"* he finally spoke up, his voice filled with confusion. *"I...