𝟏𝟎 | 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘁𝗲𝗺𝗽𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗹𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

Start from the beginning

Noticing our wide eyes, Lloyd laughed. "Jealous?"

"Wait a minute," Kai said, "this all sounds too good to be true. What's the catch?"

Sensei Wu stepped in, moving right beside Misako. "The catch is, the Temple could be anywhere on the island, and all we have is this." He said, taking out some sort of golden medal with doodles on it and three holes in it.

Julien grabbed the insignia, analyzing the instrument. "A medallion. It's like a compass. When the three holes match up, the medallion will reveal where the temple is hidden." He explained, adjusting his glasses' placement.

"Uh, how'd you know that?" My brother implored.

"Oh, I did a lot of reading in my spare time." The inventor chuckled. "Adventure stories were my favorite."

Zane took the medallion from his father's hand, speaking up. "Then what are we waiting for?"

We stood up from our seats, Lloyd also got up, only to be stopped by Sensei Wu. The blonde sent him a confused gaze­. We stopped our track, watching the two interact.

"Not you, Lloyd." Our mentor told him, blocking him the way.

His nephew furrowed his brows, letting out a huff. "Ah, seriously? Are we still doing this?"

Misako got back on her feet, placing her hand on Wu's shoulder. "Wu is right. If you were to come across your father, it could prematurely start the final battle. We need to be at full strength before we take any risks."

Jay placed his hands on his hips, sneers emerging from his mouth. "Jealous?"

Lloyd scoffed, crossing his arms as he glared at my brother. Julien stood up and turned to the blonde. "Well, I could use some help around the shop. We should get working on vehicles that might help give us a fighting chance."

Wu rotated to us, pointing in our direction. "Remember, Garmadon doesn't know we're on the island. It is imperative that you stay out of sight."

"Of course, Sensei. Don't worry. Have you ever known us to veer from a plan, huh?" Jay questioned, gaining unamused glares from Lloyd, Sensei and Misako — their silence speaking tons.

"Ninja–" The four guys around me exclaimed, startling me.

Sensei hushed them. "Shh! Not so loud. Are you trying to get us caught?"

"Go.." The boys finished their sentence in a whisper.

Laying down on a large boulder, I let out a bored sigh as I rested my head on my hand. My eyes diverted around the palisade of what I assumed would be Garmadon's camp. My hypothesis validated itself when the Dark Lord came out of a hut. A few soldiers stepped around the tall figure, who talked about something — we were too far to even understand what he said.

"Look, this must be Garmadon's camp." Jay told us, pointing at the place.

Kai shook his head, turning to face Jay. "No, you think? I thought it was a takeout restaurant." He turned to point at a crane lifting some material up. "It looks like he's building something, but building what?"

"Quiet, you bozos. We still need to find what the medallion matches up to." Cole grumbled, taking out the golden medal.

"Let me see." Zane took the medallion, placing it ahead of his eye. Looking through the object, he gazed around the place. He let out a hum. "Nothing matches– Wait."