Chapter 22 - False Emperor Pt. 8/10 "Futile Persistence"

A/N: Music Sync - When playing music over a scene, the beginnings of certain paragraphs and various words are meant to line up with various lyrics during the song.

"Lyrics" or Beat Drop/Transition - When these are playing, do not read, simply skip to the following paragraph.

Paragraph - When reading, the first word of the paragraph should line up with the first word of the lyrics displayed above.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

Finally, the boy proved himself more than a waste of time. A laugh echoed under the man's helmet, it started quiet, though it grew exponentially louder. The man clutched his aching sides, bent over from his self-induced hysteria. Looking at the flames Issei produced, he knew his work was finally paying off. After years of apathy caused by countless other variants, he finally found one capable of matching himself; not only in body, but in mind as well.

Issei grunted, steam blowing from his mouth as his aura raged around his body. His eyes locked onto his target, gleaming red as he charged the man. The armored figure was undoubtedly surprised, his helmet pointed at Issei's head.

With his eyes still locked onto the man's, the boy forced his chest into the man's torso. His aura focused at the point of contact, glowing as the energy burst into the man's chest, sending him cascading across the snow. His body tumbled through a mountain, rock and ice exploded from the other end as the man slid across the ground.

Play 21. Kakarot Vs Broly | DBS: Broly OST

Issei lowered himself onto a plateau, his arms strained as he snarled at the man beneath him. The figure stood, placing a hand on his knee, looking up at Issei as the wind picked up.

"Kakarot!"

"BOOST!" Issei's arms tensed, the boy growling as his body began to grow.

"BOOST!" His chest puffed, his aura swirling around him as his power rose. Issei winced in pain as he looked down at his attacker.

"BOOST!" Issei roared in agony as his muscles grew faster than they should've, his voice echoing across the mountain range surrounding the two.

"Broly!"

Flames spouted from Issei as he screamed at the sky. His attacker crouched down, his talons bending, cracking the snow as he prepared to take his foe seriously.

Issei, with the little sentience he had locked eyes with his opponent, lifting his arm in front of him as he readied himself for battle.

Beat Drop/Transition

The two darted across the sky, the rock beneath them shattering as their fists collided. Issei, having boosted his strength far past his attacker shoved him back. The masked man grunted, pushing Issei as he pointed his gauntlet at the boy. Issei took note of this, gripping the man's wrist before tossing him away.

The armored man landed on a mountain, pouncing towards Issei as they traded blows. Sparks and wisps of air popped from each hit, the two refusing to let up as they chased each other through the landscape.

The man grunted, quickly conjuring a beam before sending it at the boy. Issei narrowly dodged, the swirling ray of purple and pink slicing through several mountains as Issei spiraled around it towards the man.

Issei reeled his fist back, punching the man into a glacier. A crater formed in the ice as the draconic armor slammed into it. Pulling his arm to his side, Issei rocketed his fist into the man's helmet, carving a tunnel through the rock. Unlike before, Issei's strength had now eclipsed his attacker's, evident as the man took each hit, pushing them further into the ice.