Chapter 11 - Phenex God Pt. 9/10 "...Without a Reason Too"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   He was a monster, she shouldn't have trusted him, but now, it was too late. Should she refuse his orders, he would kill her just like he did to Riser.

   His presence was sickly to her, at least when he allowed it to be felt. Other times he could hide it, almost pack it into a much denser form. Regardless, both were intoxicating, as his aura alone felt like it could cause her to overdose on the very fuel the supernatural ran on.

   She didn't know quite what it was, he called her race, her home, the Higher Planes. The energy he manipulated and controlled felt like a much more potent form of magic. So potent that it seemingly represented what he was capable of.

   Someone like that wouldn't be able to do what he did without experience. He referred to the Earth as his, just how long has he existed for?

   Now that she thought about it, the great being that killed Ddraig and wounded Albion was said to have a similar, intoxicating, poisonous presence that he did. If he were the same being she'd heard about, it would answer the question of how long he's existed.

   Actually, what was that creature's name? She's only heard it being said once, by her father. He was more serious than he'd ever been when telling her and Sirzechs the story, and he was normally a carefree individual.

   If she remembered correctly, it was a Japanese word, certainly not Sekaino Kami, but something else.

   What was it?

   "G-

   Before she could whisper the name, a set of three knocks interrupted her thoughts. She didn't feel a presence, certainly, it couldn't be him.

   Quickly readjusting herself and getting off her bed, she called out, "Come in."

   The door creaked open, yet no one peered their head past it. Rias, huffing in annoyance, asked, "Who is it?"

   Sighing, he stepped forward into the room, his golden eyes glimmering in the moonlight for a brief moment. Rias felt her heart race, her breath hitch as she froze in place. Her blue eyes flashed red from her instinctual fight-or-flight response.

   Sekaino trudged forward, stopping only a few feet away from her. He could tell she was scared, though he didn't care, after all the truth of who he was would eventually come out. He never spent time with people, honestly, this was probably the longest he's ever spent with people, it was a trial run if anything.

   "You're scared, aren't you?" His voice had an odd reverberation to it which echoed into the walls. Rias furrowed her brow, rebutting with, "Why would I be?"

   Sekaino laughed mockingly, answering, "I can tell you are, everyone was after the show I put on today."

   "The show?! You tore Riser apart in front of everyone, and then threatened the entirety of the Underworld!" Rias shouted, Sekaino sighing before saying, "I'm surprised you out of everyone are mad about what I did to Riser."

   "It's not that I'm mad, it's just the shock of what you did to him. Honestly, I'm glad he got humbled, but.. the sight of his body like that..." Rias whispered, her voice growing shakier the longer her sentence went on. Sekaino sighed, before replying, "Makes sense, you are still very young, especially compared to me."