Chapter 20 - False Emperor Pt. 6/10 "Minor Transgression"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   Issei cast a blade from the swirling red energy around him, slicing the ship in half. The hunk of metal crashed down onto the courtyards below, with some fragments slamming into the castle around them.

   Flying upwards, Issei scanned the area for his allies. According to the three Devils they were nearby, and more than likely the cause of the ensuing battle.

   Turning around Issei dove underneath an attacking skiff, the bolts of light being shot from the machine passing harmlessly overhead. Issei spun around, using the momentum he built to slam his leg into the hull. The machine Issei sent flying crashed down into a fiery conglomerate of shattered metal.

   From behind, beams of light shone upon him. Issei turned to see six ships hovering in a semi-circle around him. Sneering, Issei prepared to shoot them all down. Conjuring energy into his hands as he hoisted his arms behind his body, spheres of red energy swirling in each palm. However, before he could strike, a blue beam crashed into the ships causing a massive chain explosion.

   Confused as to the source, Issei scanned the area for the man who he knew was undoubtedly responsible.

   "There you are, Issei! Here we thought we had lost you!" Sekaino yelled from the opposite side of the trickling fireball, his form becoming more distinguishable as the flames dispersed into the atmosphere.

   "Took you long enough, where's Azazel?!"

   "Aw.. I'm flattered you miss me enough Dragon Emperor." The man in question floated down into view, parking himself closer to Issei with his arms crossed. Turning to Sekaino, he shouted back, "We should probably take our leave, I'd rather not be this close to where the Satans are!"

   Shrugging, Sekaino responded, "Fair enough, follow me then."

   His body burst into a blue miasma of light, his form darting past the others leaving a trail behind him. Issei and Azazel quickly nodded before taking flight, the sudden movements cracking the air as they wisped toward Sekaino.

   With the air rushing past them, Issei shouted, "So what have you two been doing all this time!?"

   "Ah you know, looking for Albion as you have!" Azazel answered, their conversation sounding as though it had taken place on a ship amid a storm due to how loud it was. Sekaino, flying in between the two added, "The hell!? You insisted we go bar hopping before I went to check on Issei and then we finally went looking for Vali!"

   "What?!"

   "Hey, since Issei was sleeping I figured we'd make use of the spare time." Azazel rebutted, though before anyone else could speak up, he cast his gaze behind him, noting the fleet of ships pursuing them.

   "That can't be good." Sekaino looked back at the fleet, noting its composition. There were the smaller skiffs, with many larger gunships and interceptors accompanying them.

   Sneering, Sekaino formed a sphere of light in his hands, his body arching as he poured more power into it. Suddenly cranking his body to face the fleet, Sekaino shoved his arms towards the pursuers, a bolt of blue lightning racing towards them. However, instead of impacting, the lightning dispersed before creating a shield crackling with electricity.

   An unfortunate few crashed into the barrier, the ships exploding upon impact. Those both fast enough or towards the back of the formation managed to pull up just in time, giving the trio enough time to escape.