Chapter 7 - Phenex God Pt. 5/10 "Abstract Endurance"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

Rain poured onto the mountainous terrain, small creeks forming beneath the roots of willowing trees. His black and blue hair was soaked, yet keeping its impressive volume. His arm was planted against the trunk of an oak tree as he squatted down on a sizable branch. His yellow eyes pierced through the forest, waiting for someone to strike.

Suddenly a bolt of lightning surged through the trees straight toward him. In response, he yanked his blades from their sheathes before slicing through the raw electricity.

His blades gave a satisfied hum as he absorbed the Heavenly Energy present within the attack. Gracefully returning them to their home, he jumped off of the tree, landing on the rain-soaked ground.

The floor was torn apart from the ferocity of his movements. Mud and grass were torn through the air as the rain filled the trenches he created.

Lurching down, he jumped onto a tree before bursting off towards the assailant. Pulling his swords out mid-air, he slammed his blades down toward a familiar black-haired girl. However, just before he could reach her, he stopped right as his blades could make contact. With a satisfied smile, he stated, "Checkmate, Akeno..."

"That was slower than yesterday, are we having that much of an effect on you?" The girl replied with a coy smile, Sekaino storing his weapons as he turned in the opposite direction he rebutted, "No, I think you're just getting better at stealth.

Even if it's by a slight margin." Sekaino added, turning to the woman with a cocky smile, exaggerating his last two words.

"In any case, I'm going to find the others. Just meet us back at the manor." He ordered, however, Akeno's smile didn't waver. Confused, Sekaino asked, "Shouldn't you be leaving?"

"Not yet, besides you're about to walk with me." Akeno hinted, Sekaino widened his eyes as he raised his sword behind his head before feeling a massive pressure behind him. Twisting around, he looked up at Kiba, his sword clashing against Sekaino's. Pushing against the boy, Sekaino ordered, "You're out Akeno, so don't help them."

Before the girl could reply, Sekaino dashed off. His body appeared as a blur before disappearing entirely. Still, in mid-air Sekaino and Kiba clashed once more, Sekaino's momentum hurling them through the forest before both landed a fair distance away from each other.

Sekaino looked up the hill, having fallen further than Kiba. The younger male looked down before both zipped toward the other. However, the moment the two clashed, Sekaino was tackled out of the way by a white blur.

Sekaino looked down to see Koneko, chuckling at the fact they were able to time a stealth attack perfectly. However, his complacency was short-lived, as he kneed her in the abdomen, causing the small girl to lose her grip.

Kiba, hoping that the lock would last longer, dove towards Sekaino. Seeing this, the older male pushed the Devil up the mountain before crashing into a tree.

Kiba coughed up spit as he crashed against the trunk, though he wasn't able to recover. In one movement Sekaino landed in a handstand on the ground, before launching himself feet first toward Kiba's torso. Both tore through the trunk, however, it was the Devil who took the brunt of the impact as both ripped onto the ground.

With both legs planted on Kiba, Sekaino used the boy as a board, trudging him through the dirt before he came to a stop. Before he could do anything further, Koneko appeared in front of him, going after his leg with a kick.

Sekaino responded by blocking her leg with the blunt side of his blade. The girl couldn't even hold it for a second before Sekaino forced her leg back, butting her in the stomach with the bottom of his blade's hilt. The small Devil let out a whimper, doing what she could to hide the pain.