Chapter 14 - Antarctic Facility Pt. 2/2 "Gods and Demons"

A/N: Music Sync - When playing music over a scene, the beginnings of certain paragraphs and various words are meant to line up with various lyrics during the song.

"Lyrics" or Beat Drop/Transition - When these are playing, do not read, simply skip to the following paragraph.

   Paragraph - When reading, the first word of the paragraph should line up with the first word of the lyrics displayed above.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

Play: Duel to the Death (A The Only Thing I Know For Real Remix) Metal Gear Rising by SLAD3

   Both men stood silently, the cold wind howling against their forms, though neither of them cared. Karna's eyes sharpened to the point where he resembled a wolf. The Slayer stood like an obsidian pillar, unaffected by time and those around him, except for Karna.

"'Must you really fight?',"

   Neither moved, studying the other.

"'Don't interfere,','This is between us!',"

   Light bounced off of their eyes, showing the glee they both felt.

"'And it ends here...','Okay.. let's dance!',"

   Karna lurched downwards, red lightning crackling against his legs before he burst towards the Slayer, wisps of air snapped behind him from the sheer pressure. The Slayer barely had time to react as he blocked the incoming Servant. His arms strained as both launched across the plains, the Slayer a victim to Karna's strength.

   Both darted across the terrain, streaks of green and red chasing each other as both warriors hacked and slashed at the other. The Slayer held onto his chain, attempting to whip Karna while the nimble Servant weaved past the undulating metal.

"Memories broken, the truth goes unspoken, I've even forgotten my name!"

   Karna slammed his lance into the Slayer's torso, sending him careening into a mountain, luckily the warrior landed on his feet before flying back at the Servant. With his sword behind him in his left arm, the Slayer slashed at Karna, the Lancer expertly blocking before both sent wild strikes at the other, merely testing each other's speed.

"A desolate place! Place! Without any trace! Trace! It's only the cold wind I feel,"

   Sparks flew across the ground as both zipped across the environment, both subject to the momentum of their hits. The Slayer wildly spun his sword, creating a whirlwind of red plasma, deflecting Karna's lance, while the latter expertly stabbed at any opening he could see.

"The Only Thing I Know For Real!"

    Both hastily backed off before recklessly jumping back at each other, both slamming their weapons into the other. Streaks of red and gold collided with each other as the two hammered away on beat, both on par with each other. The scene exploded into streaks of colors as both spun their bodies and weapons trying to get the upper hand against their opponent with whatever wild move they could come up with.

"Because the mountains don't give back what they take!"

   Karna jumped over the Slayer's sword, slamming his lance into his helmet as the fiery streak of energy surfed under Karna's body. Sparks glided off his helmet as Karna flipped with the momentum of his strike, landing crouched down with his back towards the Slayer.