Chapter 21 - False Emperor Pt. 7/10 "Awakened Power"

A/N: Music Sync - When playing music over a scene, the beginnings of certain paragraphs and various words are meant to line up with various lyrics during the song.

Beat Drop/Transition - When these are playing, do not read, simply skip to the following paragraph.

Paragraph - When reading, the first word of the paragraph should line up with the first word of the lyrics displayed above.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

A lone trail rocketed through the upper atmosphere the Underworld possessed. Many denizens and fauna alike looked up at the anomaly, some passed it off as a mere shooting star, while others suspected a greater reason behind it. Regardless of who watched, the red sun continued its ambiguous trajectory.

Issei didn't know where he wanted to go, but he needed to leave. If Sekaino didn't want him on his team, then so be it, but he wouldn't stick around just to be patronized by them.

Pushing his body to go faster, the air around him warped into a shockwave before launching away from his body.

"Dammit Issei! Where the hell are you going!?" Ddraig bellowed, however, his recipient ignored him.

"ISSEI!"

"What, Ddraig!?" Finally responding to his partner, Issei cast his gaze towards the ground.

"Land somewhere, boy. Enough of your childish bullcrap!" The one in question looked at the gauntlet, reluctant to follow through.

"Now!" Flinching at his words, Issei obeyed, crashing down into a vast snowy mountain range. Planting his talons in the snow, Issei looked around him. Gray clouds hovered above him, the rampant winds carrying snowflakes onto the black mountains.

His helmet unfolded from his head, the rest of his armor following suit except for his gauntlet. Taking a much-needed deep breath, Issei asked, "Alright then, what is it?"

"'What is it'? Really, I'm surprised you dare to say that, Issei." Issei walked through the snow, his mind wandering as far as his body had.

"First off, why in the hell would you storm off like that? Are you mad?!" Ddraig asked, Issei rolling his eyes before shooting back, "Nope, just a disappointment."

"My lord, didn't we already talk about this?"

"Sure, but when a god intentionally sets his expectations out of your reach, making me believe I can reach them, it kinda stings when I never accomplish his goal." Issei rebutted, a glare on his face as he shuffled forward.

"Alright, fine. Then what is your goal? You place so much weight on what Sekaino wants for you, but what do you want?" Issei paused, what did he want? The winds blew all around him, though he remained unmoving.

"I-I don't know... I just went with what Sekaino said." Ddraig huffed, adding, "Okay then, what was your goal before Sekaino?"

Letting a small laugh, Issei answered, "The harem king, so not much there."

Sighing, Ddraig asked, "Fine, answer this, why do you let him have so much influence over you? Just why are his expectations waning on you this much?"

"Because he's all I have!" Issei yelled, his breathing growing heavier. Ddraig didn't speak up, allowing Issei the floor.

"I've never had saintly aspirations, I've never achieved any greatness in my life, not by myself at least." Ddraig remained silent, allowing the boy to continue.