Chapter 12 - Phenex God Pt. 10/10 "The Burning Star, Phenex God"

A/N: Music Sync - When playing music over a scene, the beginnings of certain paragraphs and various words are meant to line up with various lyrics during the song.

"Lyrics" - When these are playing, do not read, simply skip to the following paragraph.

   Paragraph - When reading, the first word of the paragraph should line up with the first word of the lyrics displayed above.

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   Both figures stood, their respective red and orange auras lighting up the ground below them. One represented the tyranny and oppression a system created, while the other stood for those who were too weak to resist. One smirked, and the other snarled beneath his helmet.

   The sky was silent, the only sound was the flames roaring around the two figures. Suddenly both raced at each other, red and orange ripping through the sky before exploding into a flurry of colors.

   From the explosion, both raced across the school ground, Riser was in front, facing backward as Issei gave chase. Issei had no idea how fast he was going, all he knew was that he could match Riser. His anger urged him to push for one more boost, but his body was already nearing its limits, and he doubted he could handle another one.

   Pushing further, Issei bridged the gap between him and Riser, watching the firm grin turn into a surprised worry. Quickly snagging onto the man's head, he slammed him into the ground, watching as his head turned into a heated mush.

   Turning, Issei stopped his momentum, his claw still dragging through the dirt as he watched Riser regenerate. The man stretched his body, his snarky demeanor completely gone. The Devil looked at Issei, who was still in a three-pronged stance, examining him before announcing, "Maybe I was wrong to underestimate you, boy. Looks like I'll have to take you more seriously."

Play: Collective Consciousness (Special Edit) by Dragon of Sparda (Tyrus)

   "I was wrong now that I think about it, that Sacred Gear of yours, I should've recognized it immediately." Riser began, subconsciously beginning to flow his magical power outwards. Issei rose from the ground, noticing as fire began to swirl around Riser. His power grew exponentially faster than it had before this point as his clothes began to blow in an artificial wind, his eyes lighting up a fiery orange.

   "Yes, I should've recognized it, the Boosted Gear." Riser admitted, before continuing with a sigh, "I suppose it's too late for regrets by now.. oh well, there's still plenty of time for me to show you where you belong, human."

"The unenlightened masses, they cannot make the judgment call."

   Flames burst from his hands, his hair started to blow upwards as an orange undertone lit up the base of his blonde locks. His blazer and dress shirt began to blacken, incinerating in the flames.

"Display obedience, while never stepping out of line."

   Issei took a cautious step back, watching as his silhouette was highlighted by an eerie glow. Riser took note of this, letting his grin grow at the fact that he instilled fear in the supposed Red Dragon Emperor this quickly.

"LET YOUR COUNTRY CONTROL YOUR SOUL"

   "You used rage to power up, boy. How about I do the same?" Riser asked, though the question was obviously rhetorical. Riser stood straight, the fire around him intensifying as his smirk was wiped away with a firm opposition towards Issei.