Chapter 10 - Phenex God Pt. 8/10 "You Cant Win..."

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

   "I can't believe how good of a copy this place is," Issei commented, looking around the familiar yet foreign room. As though his comment went unheard, Koneko stated with an indifferent demeanor, "They're here."

   On beat, the lights above flickered on with industrial strength, the metal beams holding them up groaning at the harsh electrical activation. "Smells like Gremory filth! Come out, come out, wherever you are!"

   "I guess the stealth approach isn't gonna work?" Issei retorted as both walked out from the curtains they were hiding behind and onto the wooden stage. "Look what we have here, she sent us a Rook and a mere human. I guess he needed some help."

   "And who are you?" Issei asked, grimacing at the girl's cockiness, while his other head liked the sight before him, being underestimated was getting old.

   "I'm Mira, and I'm a Phenex Pawn." The familiar Pawn called out, in truth, it was the only one Issei recognized due to her attempting to subdue Sekaino.

   "I'm Xuelan and Phenex Rook." The young woman of Chinese descent with shoulder-length black hair and blue-green eyes. Her hair had two Chinese-style buns on both sides of her head, while the front featured bangs that formed a slight "V" shape across her forehead. Her outfit consisted of a navy blue qipao with gold accents open at the chest, revealing her cleavage, a white sash around her stomach, and black, low-heeled shoes, with matching black arm guards over her forearms.

   "I'm Ile, and I'm a Pawn!"

   "My name's Nel, and I'm also a Pawn!" Both called out in sequence, looking at the two, one would've thought their eyesight was shot. Both had blue eyes, and sharp turquoise red hair, tied with a yellow ribbon on one side of their head, the only difference being that both were tied in opposite directions. Their outfits consisted of white t-shirts with blue accents, black leggings, and blue sneakers over knee-high socks. Notably, they also had orange wristbands around their wrists, as well as gym bags, Ile carrying a blue bag while Nel carried a red bag.

   "The Rook chick, she could be a big problem for us." Koneko stated, Issei replied, "You think so?"

   "Based on her power level, she's got the skills of a queen."

   "That's no good. Oh what the hell we knew we were underdogs from the beginning, let's just do this!" Issei announced before summoning his gauntlet, the energy blowing back his hair and cape. Taking a step forward, Koneko tightened her gloves, stating, "Those Pawns are all you. I'll try my luck with the Rook. Watch my back out there, and please keep those chicken heads off me."

   "I've learned by now not to go easy on my enemies, Sekaino taught me that." Issei started, before jumping from the stage, yelling, "Let's rock!"

"BOOST!"

Elsewhere

   "So she decided to attack from the center after all. How are things on the other front?" Riser asked, his Queen, revealed to be a voluptuous woman with long wavy purple hair which fell down to her back, with matching eyes. The right portion of her hair fell over her face, covering down to her chest, while the left extended near the top of her skirt.

   Her attire was a dress consisting of a navy blue tunic top with gold accents and a pale blue skirt with open sides. She had black shoes over matching thigh-high stockings with garter belts. Her top revealed much of her cleavage, held with a gold choker with blue and red jewels. Over her outfit was a white overcoat with black and gold accents and matching pauldrons.