Chapter 17 - False Emperor Pt. 3/10 "Radiant Perception"

"Talking"
'Thinking'
"Flashback"
"Attack/Name"
"Narrator"

Skittering across the streets, the boy found himself peering behind the corner of a building, watching for any noisy onlookers. Luckily for him, the coast was clear for him to revert to his normal clothes. With a brief flash of crimson light, the red armor around him vanished, revealing his casual attire.

Before anyone could see where the light came from, the man began his climb onto the wall of the building he was next to, scaling up a few stories before he made it to a part where the vast structure receded inwards. Looking down at the street beneath him, the golden lights shone brilliantly, hiding everything in the sky but the moon.

With a brief gust of wind, the figure was revealed, seen was wearing a pair of lose light gray umanori-styled hakama pants which were held up by a deep red uwa-obi, with a black happi trimmed in red and white, being draped over his shoulders, covering a black skin-tight long-sleeve shirt. The man, realizing his hair had grown, decided to put his hair up in a ponytail, leaving his bangs to frame his face and his hair to undulate behind him.

Issei crouched down, planting a hand on the roof he was perched on top of. As much as he could tell, there was nothing to see, everyone looked normal. Sure maybe a few flamboyant outfits and obvious signs that they were Devils, but it didn't look any weirder than a convention.

With a sigh, Issei hopped down, making sure no one saw him land to not attract attention. As far as he knew, Sekaino and Azazel were gone, meaning that he was on his own for now. Knowing it would be in his best interest to keep a low profile, Issei joined the crowds, simply taking in the sights as though he were a tourist.

Walking down the street, it was hard to not look at everything, for one he was in an entirely different world. But also, a small part of him wanted to blend in, for all he knew, the Devil's surrounding him could all kill him instantly, though he'd rather not find out.

The architecture surrounding him was, interesting to say the least, but he couldn't place his finger on what it was. Up front, it seemed to resemble a neo-gothic type of architectural style, even so, there were aspects of Victorian, or even Parisian architecture existing within the smaller facades of the buildings. Both styles smashed together to resemble something which he'd only imagine within a theme park, something which hardly existed where Issei lived. Though, as beautiful as the structures were to him, he knew he wasn't a tourist, quite the opposite, he had a reason to be there, though he had yet to find him.

Elsewhere

"You think the kid'll be alright by himself?" Azazel asked, taking down another swig of his drink. Sekaino, sitting next to him at the bar they found themselves at answered, "He should be. Though, I can only hope he can keep a low profile."

"Oh? And why's that?"

"Because I'd rather not start something here, where I don't have dominion over like I do on Earth," Sekaino responded, looking around at the mixture of Higher Beings passing through the bar. Luckily, the Fallen Angel had picked a fairly contemporary bar, being a mix between that and a club, meaning that the room was cast in relative darkness, outside the walls and dance floor at the very least.

Taking another drink, Azazel asked, "Would you want to go get him?"

"No. He needs to be able to fend for himself without us nearby. As irresponsible as it is for us to be here and not scouting out for Albion, he should be able to learn how to operate by himself, so for now, we keep a low profile and act like tourists." Sekaino explained, taking a drink himself.