53| Ace Motherfucking Winston

Start from the beginning

His neck probably got whiplash from how fast he moved his neck down and looked at me suspiciously and I raised my shoulder with an innocent look before walking past him and swallowing the last piece of fry. I could hear Alex and Myra chuckling as Liam looked around trying to figure out what just happened.

I couldn't be bothered to exchange words with him. It would be an utmost waste of time and energy.

Opening the door was like stepping into the filthiest dirt ever and yet still not turning back, all four pairs of eyes fell on me.  My grandfather, Laura Jefferson, Mr. Jefferson, and Carl. Feeling their eyes on me I could tell that they could kill me right there if they wanted to and the realization made a dangerous smile cover my lips.

"Ace darling," Laura cried before engulfing me in a hug. Laura did nothing to me in particular but I was sick and tired of people acting like I just came from a vacation and being surprised or happy to see me and hugging me. I just wanted one person, with time I'll get to her.

I slowly removed myself from Laura's grip before walking past Mr. Jefferson and Carl. My grandfather was sitting on his bed and didn't take his gaze off me.

"How was your vacation?" He asked and I folded my hands into a fist and felt the pressure to just punch his face into his skull.

"Shorter than I expected. Probably because I hoped you'd die."

"Too early for the jokes grandson."

"Too early for you to be showing me your teeth, Grandpa. That's dangerous right now."

"You were the best bait. You found my son for me!" He laughed and it slowly turned into a cough but his smile never left his face.

"You have a lot of enemies, including me like always. I came to say my goodbye because you'll be dead soon enough. What a grandson would I be if I didn't see you one last time," I gave him a neck bow and raised my head to see him glaring at me intensely.

"Ace... you didn't poison the tea. I know that. Why are you saying all this?" Laura said confused and disappointed.

"Wish I did though Laura. Should have done it a long time ago. Maybe I could have saved a few more people."

"Is this about that Quinn girl? I didn't even know it was her family can you believe it? They sneaked up on us to ruin us and now the prodigy I've been building now wants to turn against me?" My grandfather laughed a maniac laugh and shook his head.

"DON'T YOU EVER SAY HER NAME!" My voice rumbled from my chest and my eyes glowed with intense anger and pain. "Don't you ever let her name out of your mouth or I'll kill you myself. Don't even think about it!"

They all looked at me in shock, surprised at how I was just smiling a Minute ago and let hell lose at the mention of her name.

"I'm Ace Winston! Don't take my words for granted old man! You left this game a long time ago. I'm the one in charge now, don't you see? The minute I walk into that company, it bows at my feet again. THE DAY YOU MENTION HER NAME OR SHOW YOUR FACE IN FRONT OF QUINN IS YOUR LAST DAY ON EARTH!"

They were all still lost for words and my chest heaved once I finished. I didn't wait for anyone to talk before storming out and brushing past Alex who immediately scurried after me seeing how agitated I was.

No words could describe the feeling burning through my veins. I wasn't scared or unable to control my anger. I wanted to kill. I wanted to kill that man there for everything and that was why I had to leave and warn him. Because I didn't know if I could have controlled myself if I stayed another minute. I would have killed him with my bare hands for even thinking of Quinn.