CHAPTER 36

Ariana

I clutched the backseat headrest, grinding my hips deeper. Our moans reverberated in the car as the tension in the air thickened.

Tristan's hands held onto my waist, helping me match his rhythm as I straddled him in the car's backseat.

"Fuck, yeah, keep going," Tristan mumbled against my skin. "You're doing great, baby."

His lips pressed against my collarbone, and one of his hands moved through the back of my hair, gripping it tightly.

Running my fingers through my hair, I pushed the strands out of my face. We were both sweating, chasing that elusive orgasm.

Tristan moaned and panted, his muscles glistening with sweat. Strands of hair were matted on his forehead, and the sight turned me on even more.

Car sex wasn't part of our plan after school. We just went for a drive, found a deserted parking lot, listened to music, talked about random stuff, and ended up here.

It was already dark, and we skipped football and cheer practice. Who cares? They'll understand. Or maybe not.

Tristan wrapped his hand around my throat, pulling my face down. He kissed me passionately, tightening the knots in my stomach, triggering the need for release.

Gripping his shoulder, I pushed him back against the car seat, arching my back and increasing the pace.

"Ahh." A moan escaped my lips as I picked up speed.

Tristan relaxed against the backseat, his arms resting by his sides, watching me. The heat of his gaze on my body almost made me climax.

I dragged my teeth across my bottom lip, closed my eyes, and dug my nails into his shoulder.

The world seemed to stop as waves of pleasure engulfed me. Tristan came seconds later, pulsing inside me.

My mouth hung open as I caught my breath. He was breathing heavily, and when I opened my eyes, he was already staring at me.

The corner of his mouth quirked up into a smirk, and I shook my head with amusement before getting off and settling down beside him.

"You good, babe?" he playfully asked, peeling off the condom he had on.

"Shut up."

He laughed, turned to face me, and casually put his arm behind my hand on the backseat.

"Wanna go again? Seems like you couldn't get enough with the way you were riding me a few seconds ago."

I chuckled and let my head fall back against the seat, closing my eyes.

"Just...give me a few minutes to catch my breath."

"Yeah, you enjoyed that way too much, huh?" he said, leaning in to kiss the side of my lips.

I playfully pushed him back, grabbed my bra from below, and slipped my underwear back on.

Suddenly, the car lit up, and I glanced at Tristan. The light came from his phone.

"Fuck, coach is gonna kill me."

I scoffed, putting on my t-shirt, grabbing my bag from under my feet, and turning on my phone.

I saw unread messages from Joanna, Shay, and two from the coach.

"We're both dead. My coach messaged me too, twenty minutes ago."

He shrugged, turned off his phone, and put on his boxers and pants.

I swiped the messages aside to check later, but a new one dropped in, startling me.

My stomach dropped when I saw Justin's name on top.

Justin- Hey...we need to talk

The typing bubble reappeared, and I held my breath.

Justin- Btw, is this yours?

A picture popped up. It took seconds for the blurriness to disappear, revealing the necklace I lost a week ago.

The same one Tristan got me for my birthday.

Justin. Has. It.

I breathed out when Justin texted again.

Justin - Found it lying on the bed that morning, and thought it looked familiar. Figured it was yours.

A hand landed on my shoulder, and I jumped. Tristan looked confused.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?"

I nodded slowly, turned off my phone, and darkness enveloped us.

It was a relief; I didn't want Tristan to see my anxiety. 

"I'm fine...just got a text from my dad, wants me home in time for dinner," I replied hesitantly, putting on my shoes.

Lying to Tristan became an easy escape, but it only added to the guilt building inside me. I couldn't fully enjoy our time together, fearing the truth would end it all.

But thank God, Justin had texted me first wanting to talk about things that relatively involved the events that happened during Charlie's party that night. 

 I can only wish and keep my fingers tightly crossed that he would tell me that nothing had happened and I was just overthinking it all. 

 Hopefully. 

 Hopefully, that is what he was planning to talk about.