CHAPTER 15

Ariana

I hit up the girls before heading to school, asking them to meet me at my locker. I couldn't wait to show them our new cheer uniform designs.

I stayed up late, debating styles and materials, and managed to narrow it down to three designs. I finally settled on my favorite around 2 a.m.

Talk about dedication

Now, I'm struggling to stay awake and not bump into anything – walls, people, you name it.

I parked my car, hurried to my locker, and found Shay and Joanna already waiting. After a quick hug, I pulled out my phone to show them the pictures. They leaned in eagerly.

"I went through all the designs last night and picked the one that stood out the most. What do you guys think?"

They both stare at the picture for a moment, soaking up the details and the vibrant colors. The shell top sported a captivating midnight blue hue, reminiscent of the enchanting night sky.

Delicate silver embroidery adorned the chest, forming an 'S' emblem. Paired with the top was a matching skirt that flowed gracefully to mid-thigh. The same mesmerizing dark blue graced the skirt, complemented by shimmering silver stripes that would glimmer under the lights, adding a touch of sophistication to our look.

The skirt flared gently, providing freedom of movement while maintaining an elegant silhouette.

The girls' reactions were priceless.

"Oh em gee. I absolutely love it, it looks amazing!" Shay exclaimed, her jaw dropping, and Jo nodded in agreement moments later.

I grinned, relieved that they approved of my choice.

"Okay, good. Now I'll have to take this up to Coach and show-"

My words trailed off as I glanced past them and saw Abby and Jenny Tuazon strolling down the hallway, arms linked and chatting happily.

Confusion washed over me, and Shay and Joanna noticed my bewilderment, turning to see the unexpected sight.

"When did those two exchange friendship bracelets?" Joanna commented sarcastically, observing the unlikely friendship between Tristan's ex-girlfriend and his rumored girlfriend from last year.

"That's weird. Tristan's ex and his rumored girlfriend are now friends? Damn," Shay added, bursting into laughter.

I just stared, not finding it amusing, and Shay quickly stopped, clearing her throat awkwardly.

"Anyway, show the design to Coach and let us know what she thinks about it. Okay?" Joanna said, walking away with a perplexed Shay in tow.

"And where are you heading off to?" I called after them.

"Uh... nowhere. Just getting a retouch on our makeup in the washroom. See you in class!" Shay hollered back, leaving me baffled.

Well, that's strange.

I still had a few minutes before class, so why didn't they want me to join them? Regardless, they were right—I should head to Coach first and get her opinion on the design.

I changed my route and headed towards the coach's office, knowing it would eat up my remaining free minutes. Being late for class was inevitable, but hey, I had a perfect excuse.

Walking a bit faster, I exchanged greetings with familiar faces, wearing my usual smile. Attention seemed to find me effortlessly, not that I minded anymore.

As I turned the corner, I spotted the coach's office ahead. Yet, my focus shifted to a group of boys nearby, including Tristan. They were engrossed in laughter and conversation.