Seeing stars

The chapter opens up to a flashback of stolas with Octavia when she was just a kid.

Stolas: In the great expanse of the nether there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomenon the great brilliance of an exploding star the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula but once every one thousand years our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight from the deep eldritch recesses of the cosmos the tears of a forgotten colossus begin to fall. Tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be.Condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display.  What appears to mortal beings as a meteor shower we can see for what it is
.....azathoth's Tears.

Octavia: (Giggles) Daddy can we go see it someday?

Stolas: Yes dear I promise when the day comes nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you. Good night my owlette.

Octavia: (Yawns) Good night!

Octavia turns and wiggles into her bed then the scene shifts to to present octavia who was still happy she's circling a drawing on a calendar of her face Stola's face and a meteor shower. The starfall is today and Octavia hops down a hallway putting on her boot.

Octavia: Hey mom!

She looks in her kitchen and around the manor but stola isn't there.

Octavia: Mom? Mom?

She sees an open door where we hear Stola's voice coming through it.

Stola: Yes I know!

The scene jumps to Stola out front on the phone with her ex-wife Stella squeezing a servant in her other hand as imps are loading items into a van.

Stola: It will be there shortly......Of course they're being careful!

Octavia: Mom what's going on?

Stolas: Apparently your mother can't exist somewhere for two minutes without the entirety of her possessions--

Stella is yelling something incomprehensibly in response through the phone as he speaks.

Stola: What no I'm not turning her against you..Yes Stella!

Stella: (through the phone) never have to see your fucking face again!

Octavia: Mom?

Stella: (through the phone) Only because Y/N told us-

Stella continues to yell incomprehensibly.

Octavia: This is going to be done before tonight right?

Stola: What oh i hardly think so. Knowing your mother this will take all weekend. (turns to the imps) Don't be gentle about it now! Break whatever you have to to get it all in there.

Stella: (through the phone) What?! What did you just tell them to do?!

Octavia: But tonight was supposed to-

Stola: Darling can we not talk about this now? Your mother's being a real B-I-T-C-H.

Stella: (through the phone) The fuck do you mean-

More yelling is heard from Stella's end.

Stola: Well how was I supposed to know you can spell?! I've never seen you read!

Stella: (through the phone) I'm going to take everything! Everything you own!

Out of frustration Octavia slams the door and yells she rips up the calendar page angrily and topples her telescope over and grabs a bag with her things and leaves the mansion.