Extra Chapter [Birthday Special]

B - narration in first person
I - narration from the memories in omniscient perspective
N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

[Cale & Carlos Age 5]

"Happy Birthday to you~ 

Happy Birthday to you~

Happy Birthday my sweeties~

Happy Birthday to you~"

Jour placed a small cake with a candle shaped with a five at the center of the dining table after the family was done with their meal. 

"Happy 5th birthday sweeties!" 

The twins received the greetings with such pleasant smiles on their faces as they clutch the gift their father just gave them. They sat on their father's lap as they received a kiss on their forehead from their mother. 

"What's a nice gift for such angels like you!"

"A pony!"

"A cat!"

"Oh dear..." The countess could only laugh at any moment the two shows signs of inconsistency. A rare thing for the two considering how hard they try to accommodate at each other's wishes.

"I..."Everyone turns towards the older twin as he fidgets on his father's cape. "I want Cale to be okay this year so that we can play together!"

"I-I want that too!"  

The previous joyous occasion immediately turned to a continuous wailing from two children seated on Deruth's lap. 

"And there it is... the first cry as five years old."  Jour immediately called over a mage to record the series of event. "Gotta capture this moment."

"Wife, are you serious right now?" Deruth let out a long-winded sigh as he tries his best to coax the children while their mother was laughing at the three of them.

"Dead serious. Cry too love! It'll paint a pretty picture!"

"You little-"

"Wahh!!"

"Oh no, Cale sweetie don't cry... Jour! Do something!"

[Cale and Carlos Age 9]

"Dad, are you serious right now?"

"Dead. Happy Birthday kids!"

"Your first greeting of the day on our birthday is our snot nosed faced at 5?" Carlos covered his face with both his hands, his face red to his ears. "Good morning, dad." 

"I was a cute kid, wasn't I?"  Cale on the other hand greeted the day with the usual morning cuddles from his brother to which he received with open arms. 

"Course you are. When you have a dad like me. You're packed with cuteness." Deruth settled himself beside the younger twin with a smug smirk on his face.

"On second thought, I wanna be pretty."

"Is that your new method of being offensive? Because I'm somewhat offensive."

"What are you talking about Dad?" Carlos' shoulder was already shaking from just the conversation his father and brother is having the first thing they wake up.