Chapter 9 - Sadness is there but where (2)

"Maybe the devastation was too strong that at that point, the only thing I could do was embrace my crying father, grit my teeth and suck it up.

Like how Cale would've done it." 

- Carlos Henituse
B

- narration in first person

I - narration from the memories of an omniscient perspective
N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

I find it funny that I fell asleep to whatever commotion was going on outside and woke up to the sun long dark and Ron was on my bedside talking to dad who seemed like he just finish his work.

"Dad?"

Groggy. My voice sounds like I swallowed an immense amount of sand from the desert.

"Hi champ!"

My father greeted exhaustedly as usual. I find it weird.

Why is this dude here?

Not that I'm questioning his actions because yeah I'm actually thrilled to see him and Ron here making me less feel lonely than waking up alone. But really, why is he here?

"I heard that for the first time in god knows how long Kiki finally exert his vocal chords more than what he lets on."

"You seem happy that he yelled dad."

"Of course!" Beamed by father. "That only makes him healthier right?"

He joked but I can tell how happy he really is about whatever transpired earlier.

Really, what a doting father.

"Since I'm done for the day now! Want to sleep with Dad for tonight?"

I raise a brow. Something was off. Because if I know one thing, it's that dad should be asleep by now. With Cale.

Especially since Mom is away he'd really pester us to sleep with him but since I'm sick, then Cale would be his other option. At this point it didn't matter to me what the taste of the medicine Ron was handing to me was nor bothered with the anxious gaze my father has as he eyed me who was squinting my eye on him.

"Where is Cale?"

As if it's something taboo to ask, the lightning striked and light made its way to the open window giving me a glimpse of their expressions that was left kept which was enough to confirm my suspicions.

Their stiff and worried gaze is enough for me to know.

That my stupid ass brother did something that got his stupid ass self into trouble AGAIN.

Yes. AGAIN.

I just closed my eyes and lo and behold I woke up to Ron dragging him back to our room with him sniffling like a little rabbit after attempting to sneak out of the manor. I just look away and there he goes causing an accident inside the library accidentally burrying himself in a pile of heavy books.  I just went to the bathroom and when I returned, he's already fainted on the floor.

"What did he do this time?"

I asked putting emphasis on each word as if it was served to stab my dad in every sides.

What did Cale do this time that even dad can't do anything about it?

"Young master should sleep."