Extra Chapter [Halloween Special]

B - narration in first person

I - narration from the memories of an omniscient perspective

N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

In amidst of the small daily events that show and even the bits of truth that rolls off as still confusing, the memory fuzzed, and the sky came into view.

Dark without a speck of stars can be found in the sky that hint of orange. Panning lower, you can see the branches of the tree without a single leaf, and from afar, the orange moon shone.

Autumn is in hindsight. And we all know what autumn brings to little children.

"Trick or treat!" The twins barage inside their father's office with a bag of pumpkin filled with sugary treats. Must've been from the staff.

Deruth was in the middle of a very important meeting. It concerns the trade with the capital so the atmosphere of the room was heavy and tense. The twins took notice of that during the scene they caused but showed no mercy in cutting down the chilling atmosphere endowing the room.

"Twins..." Deruth trailed off with a sigh, his forehead creasing at the sight of his children. One with the face of a cheshire grin knowing that he interrupted something and the other with his usual indifference knowing he interrupted something. "And what are you two supposed to be?"

Haunting is the time for children to disguise themselves as monster in order to blend in with the monsters roaming around this time of the year, or so what they say. Surprisingly however, the twins were wearing their usual clothing. The pumpkin bucket, the only thing different.

"I am a son of a count!" Carlos gleefully exclaimed, raising his brows with a big smile on his face.

"I'm a Scorpio." The youngest son replied as he and his brother held the bucket of treats in their father's direction saying the traditional.

" "Trick or treat!" "

"The treat for me is a relic called "The staff of Solaire" it's a relic that is said to be created in the likeness of the Sun God. It's not really a holy item, it was just a man-made staff." Carlos immediately showed a neatly drawn image of that said staff and shove it to his father's body.

"Since when do you demand treats for Haunting?"

"The trick if you won't give it to me is that I won't tell you the secret me and Cale found while exploring the library."

Damn kids.

Carlos will not say something irrelevant as a secret. If they'd found an interesting object, they'd just share it like its nothing. However, when the wording is 'secret' it means only one thing. It's something they discussed as relevant and Deruth would need that.

"I want the volume 6 of this herbology book."

"The author is dead Cale. That was the last one!"

Cale in his usual indifference glance towards his father. "Trick it is then."

"With how you kids demand crap like this. I wouldn't be as hell surprised, you'll be haunted tonight when you went to bed. And kids, what did I say about walking in on meetings like this?"

Deruth who now learned the hard way from Ron sternly scolded the kids for not only disturbing the meeting. Not that he said anything about the demands.