Chapter 10 - Sadness is there but where (3)

"I'm sorry... I'm the only one who came back."

- Cale Henituse
B

- narration in first person

I - narration from the memories of an omniscient perspective
N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

It was now close to sunset and the tension inside the Henituse mansion is rising at its peak. Deruth who was at first with Violan and the kids was now at the bedside holding Carlos' hand. The young man who was just a stranger in the skin of his son earlier was now shaking as his other hand gripped Cale's hand tighter. 

The next memory is gonna be ugly. For him. For Cale. For Carlos.

And knowing that this memory is coming from a stranger who claimed he was his son. Deruth could only do nothing but hold the man's hand. 

"Duke..." Ron called out from behind the man, in his hands was a basin of warm water.

"Young master Carlos needs to clean up a bit. He's too sweaty right now." 

With a lot of hesitation, Deruth nodded and slowly moved away as the butler gently wiped the sweat forming on the older twin's forehead.

Just as they were doing that Alberu occupied himself with the cintamani where a sleeping Kim Roksu was shown with Lee So Hyuk by his side.

"How's your end doing there?"

With a grin Lee So Hyuk replied enthusiastically. "Great! We get to see all the drama!"

Alberu could only snort. There's not much to do but snort after all.

"I-I'm fine Ron." A groggy voice of the stranger in Cale's skin or so Alberu proclaims was heard. His eyes peeked open to check his surroundings patting the children napping above him and his brother before meeting eyes with his father.

He took one glance at Deruth before smirking. "Don't cry, Dad. It won't add to your charm."

"Fucking Brat!"

With a hearty laugh the man closed his eyes again.

"Let's end this quick because there are kids watching." Added the man before immediately losing consciousness.

The book opened again and just like the mood on their end, it was once again sunset in the twin's memories.

And Carlos's voice was once again heard.

It was now close to sunset when the things in the manor calmed down. By that I mean everyone has now accepted whatever the hell is going on. With my mother's lifeless body was carried inside the house to prepare her a coffin to my brother's near-lifeless form on the bed.

The manor was very quiet and the only thing you can hear is the shuffling of the staff as they try to work their way into the tension as silently as possible.

And surprisingly my father was fussing over the wrong thing. He was fussing over Cale and me. Assuring me that everything is all fine while conversing with the doctor to check on Cale's condition.

He's not fretting over Mom's dead body at all. Or the fact that his wife is dead.

Good.

Otherwise, he'd go insane by now. I can tell he's busying himself to bury the grief, but I wonder how long will he keep it under wraps. Not that I can keep him busy.