Extra Chapter [3]

B - narration in first person

I - narration from the memories of an omniscient perspective

N - narration from the outsider's perspective

~~

Parenting Training for Deruth Henituse

Today is the second week of the Countess' passing, and it has been long since the old men with their daughters has been kicked out by his demon-like twins. Now was pretty calm, except for the constant tantrums Cale does when Ron walks in with a bowl of medicine that even priest find it difficult to heal. Or the constant damage Carlos is doing to the mansion with his somehow uncontrolled strength.

'I mean how can a twelve years old brat break the door knob from gripping it too tightly?' The count could only sighed at the children his wife left behind.

Creak

The sign that the knock was not heard, it's Cale. Since he's strength is not strong enough to even make a sound then it could only be his youngest son.

Wine colored eyes met a smaller frame of the fragile child who is holding such a large book in his arms.

"Hello love." The count greeted awkwardly. He admits, his new close relationship with his children is rare after all, it was always his wife who was with his sons as he was busy with work.

Ahh the regrets. It's as bitter as his son's medication.

"Hi Dad." The youngest quietly greeted as he approached his father and immediately took over his lap as he open the book to where he left it.

"Hi Dad!" Another redhead pops in and and immediately went in for the kill as he tackled the older man and the kid with him. It took Deruth a lot to not just bonk his fist on his son's head.

"Didn't I just tell you not to do that when your brother is with me!"

"But I missed both of you!"

"Hyung you reek of sweat and sun. Please a take shower."

"After I get my hug!"

The office was now filled of Carlos' laugh with Cale's snide remarks and their father sighing in frustration.

"So, what brings you two here anyway?" When things finally were calm which actually Ron has to be involved of, the father of two now sat defeated in his office with his oldest, freshly bathed seated at the couch and his youngest using his brother's lap as a pillow as he nibble away with some cookies.

"Nothing really."

"Yeah..."

Deruth looked at his kids in disbelief. 'So, you mean to tell me you wrecked a havoc in my office for nothing?!'

"No, really. Why are you kids here?" Deruth asked again, this time dropping then pen to rest on the desk.

"Do we need a reason to?" Carlos asked to which the count replied with a shrug. It's not that he doesn't know that, however with his time usually spent on his work, he expected the kids would also have the same ordeal and that they'd come here because they need something.

"I have a reason." Cale on the other hand is as usual pretty goal oriented. Something that he was expecting especially since the child "It's about your daddy training crash course."

Deruth felt all fondness from Carlos's words disappeared and was replaced by utter confusion.

"Pardon me?" He couldn't help but politely question as his kid left from his seat, approaching him, and dropping the thick book in his hands onto his lap.

[Guide to single Parenting]

"I invited a teacher for you Dad."

"What—"

"Come in Mr. Teacher." As if on cue a knock on the door was heard before it gently flung opened and Ron's benign face popped up inside the office.

"This is Sir Ron Molan your new teacher in single parenting."

"Just what—"

"I arranged your class with him twice a week at 4pm where I can see in the schedule your aide provided to be free. Don't worry. I and Carlos will be with you for that class. As support."

"I'm looking forward to teaching you Lord."

"Dang! I'm looking forward to learning from you Ron!"

"Me too Ron!"

"Wait a second! What the hell is happening here?!" Deruth was finally able to talk without being interrupted by his energetic eldest and too calculative youngest. He voiced his immense confusion.

"Dad... you're a single parent now. Do you even know that?" This time, it was his oldest who points out. "Not to mention you have two kids."

"We know you can handle us. However know that you will handle us for a long time. We don't know when you'll marry again." Cale pointed out leaving Deruth in a walk with his thoughts.

He remembered asking his wife as he visits her grave if he was doing the right job.

'Was I spoiling the kids too much?'

'Was I giving them enough of my time?'

'Was I able to give them the love they deserve?'

'Am I doing the right thing?'

Sometimes he would think he's just not doing enough. Carlos is such a bright child, he is energetic and brilliant which shows as he wields his weapons. At eight he already can hold different types of weapon and he does that with an excited glee on his face for most times. He really has the Henituse's knightly qualities.

Cale also albeit sickly is such an intelligent child. At eight he is able to read difficult books with great precision. He learned how to speak many different language and shows high intelligent for kids his age. He takes over whatever his brother is lacking too. He has such good head on his shoulders.

With two brilliant children, Deruth has to admit, he felt intimidated with raising them. Not to mention insecure. And as expected of his brilliant kids, they must've noticed the hesitation the man is having which led them to doing something about it.

He felt like tearing up.

He felt like he didn't deserve such amazing kids.

But that's a lie because he do deserve these kids. They are His and Jour's pride and joy after all.

"...Thank you." In the end, the fondness for his kids won over his anger for doing whatever they please.

'Gods, this will bite me in the ass later when they become too spoiled to accept a good old NO.'

"Alright Ron. Whenever you're ready."

And so he accepted it. His children are brats. They decide things for him. That's his own fault for not saying no.

Well guess what Ron's first lesson at his class is. Saying no to your kids.

"Well my lessons are mostly based on my experience. Yet some of them are my observation from your actions count." Ron's benign smile remains unshakeable especially at the presence of the kids his babysitting and their father. "Lord, the kids no matter how lovable they are should not be given a yes signal all the time."

"But they create a proposal for it Ron—"

"And not everything in this his household is a business talk. They are your children not your vassal." Ron's benign smile left his face and was replaced with an unusual stoic look on his face that made the children his warding behave in their seat.