Chapter 2 - Broken Record (2)

"If I was Cale... Then who was Cale?"

- Cale Henituse

~~~

It started when the war was over and done.

With a bit of time for peace, Cale was given moments to reflect on everything thus far. At first, he chose to not dwell on it anymore and leave it to fate like any moron would. However, not long after that, he would notice many conflicting things.

He would find himself in front of the music room in the villa as if expecting it to play some catchy tune. He would open the door, find it empty, and would feel lost. He would often find himself in the library but he's not even reading he's just wandering around as if waiting... for what?

The last straw for Cale was when he heard a shrill cry of a child in his mind that shook him awake in his sleep, only to find the kids beside him sleeping.

Something was off Cale knows that and when he turned to Rok Soo to express this. Lo and behold did he find the man experiencing the same thing.

Which lead to now.

 He doesn't remember but there was a vivid image of a person telling him that sometimes he enjoy confronting someone in a crowd, that way whether he tells a lie or the truth it will still cut his neck.

Some memories are gone. Yes. Cale was quite sure. Otherwise, nothing can explain all his weird actions. Maybe because he was too focused on the war that he put it behind him, but now that shit's calm. It's time to fix this.

And what better way to do that than strangle the god who brought him to this place right?

The air then became thin and the strong smell of death permit the room. Out in the shadow rose a small doll made of wool.

It looks exactly like his owner and Cale is really holding himself back from getting a candle to just light the doll on fire.

The tan-skinned doll with hair moved awkwardly as if adjusting first before jumping up the meeting table and sprinting towards Cale.

"...What in the world..." Cage who knows who exactly is this doll right now was nailed to her seat flinching when the doll turned to her for a bit and waved before facing Cale again.

"Cale-ya!" A voice oh so familiar with an irking tone that touch itself with sweetness greeted. "Rok Soo-ya!"

The doll also didn't fail to greet the other man inside the orb who was staring at him with a raised brow.

"I see you two figure it out already." He started judging from his tone, you can tell he is having the time of his life right now. "Unfortunately... I don't have the power on your memories."

"What?" Cale quietly asked, however the tone lacing his voice was enough to even make the god flinch in his spot.

"Like I said Cale-ya, I don't hold your memories!"

"But you know something is going on."

"All I can say is that. Cale... you are Cale."

There was a lingering silence as the three Cale, Death, and Rok Soo had a stare-off.

"Pressing X to doubt." Rok Soo broke the silence by spamming the X on a computer keyboard he was fiddling with earlier.

"You're funny. Were you a comedian before you were a god?" Cale this time, mocked leaving the god in a difficult spot of being mocked by two exhausted individuals.

"Actually I was a teacher." Sighed the God but still continued. "You are Cale Henituse. No hourglass or soul can change that."

"If... I was Cale. Then who was Cale?" Cale this time looked at his father, who was now more worried about him than surprised.