30. Trial (Part 2)

Oxford Brown and Matthew Brown walked to the courtroom. Matthew had fully healed from his injury. He walked to the witness stand and was ready to give his testimony. Oxford Brown only groaned behind his brother. The designer had a feeling that action would bring him trouble.

"Witness, please state your name and occupation."

"Matthew Brown is on duty! I am an officer in the Noble Street area!"

His raucous voice gathered people's attention. It made the prosecutor's ears ring for a moment. "All right, Matthew Brown. Can you tell me about the testimony?"

Matthew told everything about Sirius. He volunteered to infiltrate the drug den but was caught by the enemy. Helena appeared in that place and rescued him from death. His story astonished everyone in the courtroom. The judge even leaned forward from his seat while listening to his report.

"Oh, dear..." The prosecutor's face was pale after hearing Matthew's statement. "You're telling me this whole time the missing people and drugs related to the cult? How horrible..."

The judge was perplexed by his story. "This is curious, Lady Blackmoore. Some witnesses stated that you are part of Paradise Star, but you helped people from inside. What is the meaning of this?"

"I can explain."

Everyone turned their head at the source of the orotund voice. Duchess Vermillion opened the door, followed by Prince Sapphire and the Duke from behind. The combination of their auras was so oppressive that the rest of the courtroom fell silent on their arrival. No one expected the Crown Prince to come with the Vermillion couple. Prince Sapphire looked at Helena with a sincere expression and apologized.

"Sorry, we're late, Lady Blackmoore."

Helena dropped to the floor. Her knee felt weak when a wave of relief struck her. Tears fell from her grey eyes as the burden inside her heart became lighter. A light of hope shone brightly from her bleak past. What she did this whole time was not futile. Her good deeds finally paid off in this life.

Duke Vermillion rushed to her side and helped her stand. "Lady Blackmoore, are you all right?"

"I-I am fine. I thought you all abandoned me..."

Duchess Vermillion huffed. "Don't be ridiculous! You've been helping us this whole time. How can we abandon you?"

The Duke agreed with his wife. "We received a report about Paradise Star at the kingdom border. Both of us went there to investigate the information and left the capital. Imagine how surprised we were when Prince Sapphire came out of nowhere. He told us that you had been arrested!"

The Crown Prince nodded his head. "I realized something was wrong when I saw your name on the list. I took my horse to chase Duke and Duchess Vermillion. They are the only ones who can prove your innocence." He reassured and winked at Helena. "Don't worry. I'll take the problem from here."

King Opal was baffled by their arrival. "Sapphire, what is going on? Why do you appear with the Duke and the Duchess?"

The young man walked toward the royalty seat and bowed toward the King. "Father, please forgive my tardiness. I had something important to do."

The King touched his head. "Is it more important than the trial?"

"Yes. I believe there is a mistake. The list of Paradise Star members is not accurate. Lady Blackmoore was indeed involved with the cult, but not in the way everyone thought. She is a hidden member of my investigation team. Lady Blackmoore was the one who sent us the location of Sabbath."